So I have to figure out the whole story. And even if I do I still need to hear it from Y/N. Otherwise there is no us.

____________

Y/N's P.O.V

"Y/N." I heard as I made to the cafeteria.

I turned around to see Momma Perez. Oh no. I don't like this already.

"Hey." I say.

"I heard what you did to my daughter." She says getting straight to the point.

"Are you mad at me too?" I asked.

"I was at first especially when I seen how bad you were hurting my little girl. I've never seen her so upset before in my life. But once she told me everything, I thought about it deeply. I'm not upset with you like she is." She replies.

"Why not?" I asked confused.

"Because I know Cassie's lying. Ever since Maddy told me what happened with Nate, I've lost all trust in Cassie. Although I am upset with you for hanging out with her behind Maddy's back. That's wrong." She answers.

"Yeah I get that. But I'm glad you know that she's lying. You seem to be the only one." I say somewhat relieved.

"Maybe I'm just the only one with common sense." She shrugs.

Apparently she is. If Maddy's mother can call Cassie's bluff then why can't Maddy?

___________

A Week Later

"Why am I just now hearing about what happened between you and Maddy? Y'all broke up." Leilani asked.

"Who told you?" I asked curiously.

"Alexa." She answered.

"And who told her?" I reply.

"Rue did. Alexa started it with and I quote 'Rue told me that Lexi told her that Maddy told her' and then it was on with the story." She replied.

"Man y'all need to stay out my damn business." I say.

"Good luck with that. This cheating scandal done made it to the internet. It's what happens when you get famous." Lani says.

I groan in frustration. This shit will never end. "Yo old ass know what the internet is?"

She throws a pillow at me. "Fuck you. I'm only 32."

"Yeah 3200. Fuckin dinosaur." I chuckle.

"You are so mean sometimes." Leilani said throwing something else at me.

"Aw, did I hurt your feelings? I'm sorry." I say playfully hugging her.

"No, get away from me." She replies trying to push me away.

"Be for real. You don't want me to." I say.

I hear her breathe into my chest as she hugs me back. "No I don't."

"Yeah I know." I mumble.

"Did you do it? Did you actually cheat on Maddy?" Lani asks.

"No I didn't. Nobody believes that but I didn't." I answer.

"I believe you." She says.

"Only you and one other person." I sigh.

She hugs me tighter trying to console me. Weirdly it worked. I didn't feel better about the situation overall but I did in this moment. The way this woman is able to do that is strange to me. 

A lot of shit about her is strange to me honestly. Like the way her vibe and energy can make me happy. How we can do nothing together for hours yet I won't be bored. Shits just weird.

She looked up at me not saying anything. We just stared at each other. Still being in the same hugging position.

My phone dinged breaking our staring contest. I checked it and texted back when I seen that it was Maddy. "I gotta go. I got to get back to my daughter."

"She had the baby?" She asked.

"Yeah she did." I answer.

She eyed me before saying something. "Congrats. Parenthood looks real good on you."

"Thanks. I'll text you later." I say.

"You better cause you be lying sometimes." Leilani said.

I chuckled. "See there you go tripping again."

"Why I always gotta be tripping?" She asked.

"Cause you always tripping on me. It's cool though. I can dig it." I say.

"Girl get out. Go see your child." She smiles pushing me away from her.

I laughed exiting her house. Besides Riley being born, this is the greatest I've felt since everything started.

Maybe shit will start looking up.

___________

Maddy finna become a damn detective. Leilani is a fucking cougar. Cassie can rot in hell. Y/N is just doing who knows what.

Not Proofread

Until Next Time.