The Record Player

_

"I don't want you to regret this."

"I won't."

"You promise?"

"I promise."

_

"Harry, are you sure about this?" I whispered, " If McGonagall finds out we're dea—"

"Welcome to my space," he said, taking off the invisibility cloak that has been covering the both of us the entire journey from the common room up to this... room. It's not big, but not small either. Sheer curtains sways with the wind from the opened windows, a pile of blankets and pillows sits on the grey stone floor in the centre of the room, a few books scattered here and there, a single pot of something stands near one of the two windows, a table lamp lies on the ground just beside the the blankets, and finally, a few boxes surrounds a small table on the corner that barely reaches my knees with a record player on top of it. Although it's my first time here, I feel at ease. It is the simplest room I've ever been in, and it was perfect.

"Where are we?" I looked up at his green eyes that glimmered under the moonlight that's enough to light up the room.

"I don't know," he shrugged, "There's no name for it or anything. It's just a place that I found last year."

"And no one else knows about it?"

"No one."

"Really?"

"Mhm."

I decided to walk further into the room, pulling my cardigan tighter around myself as the chill breeze kissed my skin. I was greeted by the tranquillity of none other than the Black Lake when I decided to look over one of the windows. I admired the still reflection on the surface of the water for a while before noticing the absence beside me. I turned back to the entrance door to find Harry still standing there with his hands in the pockets of his jacket, a small smile playing on his lips.

"Does the record player work?" I asked him excitedly.

"Why would I keep a broken record player?" he retorted jokingly as he walked to the centre of the room.

"Mind if I rummage through these?" I crouched down to take a closer look at the vinyls in one of the boxes.

He gave me a slight nod and sat himself on the blankets, "Play anything you like, if there is any."

I took up one of them and widened my eyes. It was a collection of old songs– mostly jazz and blues, "You like jazz?"

"Is that so surprising?" he chuckled.

"Sort of," I admitted, "I thought you're a rock-y type of guy. Heard you and Ron singing your lungs out in the dorm a few days ago, though I wouldn't really call it singing."

"Ouch," he dramatically places his hands above his heart, "It wasn't that bad."

"You were not the audience," I grimaced at the audible memory, "Mötley Crüe deserves better singers to cover their songs."

"You know them?" Harry leaned forward, his face surprised.

"Why so surprised?" I retorted the same way he did earlier.

He smiled, then pointed at the box next to the one I'm going through, "I've got some of those in that box if you want to hear those kinds," he explained.

"Those can wait." I told him, "I'm in the mood for some jazz and swings."

The music began to play, as I wrapped myself with two layers of blanket. Harry did the same. We sat there, just three feet away from each other, for the first two songs that played. I turned my gaze to look at him, who was looking at me too.

"Wanna dance?" I asked him before thinking.

"Sure," he accepted my offer. He stood up and held out his hand, which I gladly took. We exchanged smiles before beginning to slow dance. None of us said anything, but the proximity between us lessened each second till we melted into each other's warmth. I didn't even know how long we stayed that way, his chin resting against my head, my head resting against his chest. It was nice. We'd never done this before.

"Y/n," he suddenly said, after one of the songs ended.

"Hm?"

"Remember what I said the other day?" I feel his body stiffen.

I pushed myself away and looked up at him, "I think you have to be more specific."

"The one about that girl," he continued, looking down at me.

Oh. I was hoping he would bring that up, yet here I am dreading whatever comes next. Harry is my friend. My best friend, but he was also Harry. The Harry that stole my heart from the beginning. The Harry who likes to carry my books for me, who tries to read the books I'm reading just so I could talk about it with someone since Hermione dislike fiction, who buys me chocolate every month during my cycle, who likes to play jenga despite losing all the time, who sings horribly just to entertain me when I lost my hamster. There are so many more little things that made him Harry to me, and I hate that I dislike how each of those things made me feel. He's sweet and gentle, and although he can be a little awkward he is still Harry. My Harry. I know I'm just his friend. He knows he's just my friend. I also know that he feels the same way. We both felt it for the past three years, but why did I always disregard those feelings? Why can't I just give it a chance?

"What about her?" I asked, trying to sound as unbothered as I could.

"I don't know if she'll accept my feelings," he swallowed.

"You're a wonderful guy Harry. She would accept it with no hesitation." I wanted to say, but I couldn't. I don't want to ruin this beautiful friendship. I cherish it too much to let anything happen to it. Or so I thought. The next song played louder, yet the sound felt more distant to my ears.

I said softly, "What if she accepts it?"

"I suppose I'll be the happiest man alive, but she won't do that."

"What if she does? What will you do?" I asked again, hope in my voice.

"I'll never let her go. Ever." he said, inching our faces closer to each other's. I

"What if something bad happens?" I breathed, "Something really, really bad happens."

"I cherish her too much to let her go," he whispered.

Fuck it. I kissed him, before he pulled me closer to him and kissed me back. His lips were soft and although it did not actually taste like honey, it could only be describe by that.  

"I don't want you to regret this," he stopped for a moment.

"I won't."

"You promise?"

"I promise."

●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●

Hello (='▽'=)

It's been a while, I had time and decided to write a short one. I was initially going for a cute kind of oneshot, but my dramatic ass said no. I hope you like it though.

Love,

TricksChips