I'm Accused of Stealing a Hydrogen Bomb

Start from the beginning

I heard a clopping sound at the door, a hoof knocking on the threshold.

"Come in?"

Grover trotted inside, looking worried. "Mr. D wants to see you."

"Why?"

"He wants to kill . . . I mean, I'd better let him tell you."

Nervously, I got dressed and followed, sure that I was in huge trouble.

Y/n's POV

There was a storm on the horizon. Thundering and roaring with wind as it hung on the edge of camp.

And there I sat between a centaur and an immortal god while playing pinochle. 

A few minutes prior Grover had woken me up from a nap under Thalia's tree. Telling me that Mr. D and Chiron wanted to talk. He didn't explain why but just told me to hurry as he rushed off to cabin 3 to wake up Percy.

I had just come to the Big House and was told to sit. My leg bounced up and down nervously as I gripped the cards in my hands. And soon I saw Grover and Percy walk up to the front porch of the Big House. 

"Well, well," Mr. D said without looking up. "Our little celebrity."

I looked over at Percy sympathetically as the camp director continued.

"Come closer," Mr. D said. "And don't expect me to kowtow to you mortal, just because old Barnacle-Beard is your father."

A net of lightning flashed across the clouds. Thunder shook the windows of the house.

"Blah, blah, blah," Dionysus said.

Chiron feigned interest in his pinochle cards. Grover cowered by the railing, his hooves clopping back and forth.

"If I had my way," Dionysus said, "I would cause your molecules to erupt in flames. We'd sweep up the ashes and be done with a lot of trouble. But Chiron seems to feel this would be against my mission at the cursed camp: to keep you little brats safe from harm."

"Spontaneous combustion is a form of harm, Mr. D,"

Chiron put in.

"Nonsense," Dionysus said. "Boy wouldn't feel a thing. Nevertheless, I've agreed to restrain myself.  I'm thinking of turning you into a dolphin instead, sending you back to your father."

"Mr. D-" Chiron warned.

"Oh, all right," Dionysus relented. "There's one more option. But it's deadly foolishness."  Dionysus rose and the invisible players' cards dropped to the table. "I'm off to Olympus for the emergency meeting if the boy is still here when I get back. I'll turn him into an Atlantic bottlenose. Do you understand? And Perseus Jackson, if you're at all smart, you'll see that's a much more sensible choice than what Chiron feels you must do."

He suddenly turned towards me as I dropped my cards on the table.

"And do not think I have forgotten about you Y/n L/n. You are in just as much trouble as this one. And at this rate I would sooner turn you into a nice rose bush. Before we find out that your godly parent is old corpse breath or thunder beard."

More thunder rattled off in the distance as I tried to respond.

"Actually sir. My dad was mor-"

But Mr. D had already tuned me out. The air seeming to bend and fold around me. He became a hologram, then a wind, then he was gone, leaving only the smell of fresh-pressed grapes lingering behind.

"tal. . ." I finished.

Chiron seemed to sigh as he disappeared. Quickly turning back to Percy as he tried to offer a reassuring smile.