𝟐𝟐 | 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐨𝐫 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡

Start from the beginning

Growling in my throat, "Get your damn act together, Akira"

Shaking my head I see most of the cadets leaving the building, with them laughing and excited to finally fly back up the walls. With our clear advantages now, just having full access to everything it, it was time to disperse back up to the wall.

Walking out to see the outside world brighten, I shield my eyes before the sun shines down kissing my skin. Inhaling deeply I turn to the remaining cadets, only to see flabbergasted looks across their faces. Landing on the building, there was Eren knocked out with Armin in tears seeing light steam coming from his arm and leg.

"I thought.......I thought he was dead,"

"S-So did I," Armin sobs.

"But..........how?"

Jean clicks his teeth with irritation, "He was the abnormal titan all along, and we didn't even know,"

Walking over to the edge of HQ my eyes rest upon the carnage that he presumably made, as steam covers the air with the giant bodies. Dammit, what do we do now? I'm one of the superiors, should I report back to base about this? No, I can't......but then, what do i do? How did he become this? I knew him since he was only before born.

*

WITHIN WALL ROSE

"Hurry, someone come treat the Corporal quickly!"

"She looks pale!!"

My body slumps onto a wooden crate, while leaning forward grasping my eye. It was getting painful again, as the numbness died down. Everything happened so fast just before, it seems Eren was discovered by the Garrison along with Kitz near the far corner near the river side. They even put a gag order on the young ones, while letting me slip past for my title.

The Garrison is such talk, but then again I know they're doing it out of fear.

"Corporal, please take off the cloth?" a nursing soldier asks tenderly, while I remain quiet. "Please, if we don't treat it with the best we can......it will get infected."

Reluctantly after hesitating for a while, my hands drift up untying the cloth before allowing it to fall upon my lap. She slightly gasps, but I gave up on worrying about my looks. Her hand slightly shakes while trying to touch my wound, without hurting me. Shaking her head she quickly grabs a bucket of warm water and a piece of clean cloth, and began to clean around my wound first. My eyes was still closed, afraid I would be blind. Afraid that this eye will be nothing, but useless.

She presses her lips in a thin line, "It's deep, you really got yourself badly,"

Chuckling dryly in response, no words left my lips but painful groans.

Soon she began to disinfect my wound feeling the air hitting the open scar, while my left eye squeezes more tightly. Her fingertips gently graze around, before sighing deeply. "Could you try opening your eye, I need to see if it was just an external wound or internal?"

Painfully lifting my heavy eye from not opening it for hours, I soon feeling it slowly fluttering open. Everything was fuzzy and far more darker in view, but......wait hang on, it can't be........I'm....

"Can you see Corporal?" She asks, with concern lacing in her voice.

Slowly nodding I breathe out with relief, "Yeah......I can,"

Suddenly a loud explosion occurs causing the earth to tremble, hearing the soldiers shrieking and yelling in response. My head slight jerks up, seeing thick cannon smoke darkening in a patch. My eye slightly widens, only for me to wince with discomfort. Gripping my eye firmly, my head leaned forward trying to ease the pain.