𝟐𝟐 | 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐨𝐫 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡

Start from the beginning

With my three years with these cadets, I still wanted them to learn when in situations like this. It was only a way for them to survive, allowing them to come up together as a team. Not long after watching and listening in, it was time to begin the plan. Noticing Armin walking up to me, I turn to him.

"Will you be able to take down at least a titan down?" he asks, while I shook my head.

"You all need to work together, especially if I'm not even there one day....." I began. "....you need to learn not to rely on me, but your comrades."

He understood completely why, but I hold my hand up slightly gesturing to not finishing my words.

"But......I will be on the sidelines, in case anything goes wrong," side-glancing his way, before tapping against the canisters and gear. "You all work together simultaneously."

His eyes widen before saluting me, thanking me with a slight bow.

With that we all fell into play as we head downstairs, before sneaking above the wood beams seeing titans wandering around inside. Sneaking my way in the darkness, my eye rest upon the seven cadets in place. Gripping my blades tightly, I prepare for anything. Waiting for the lift to lower down, silence was dreading the room. My heart was beating heavily, my palms were already getting sweaty and having one eye to use for now, was irritating the heck out of me.

Soon my eye falls upon the lift, as they grab the attention of the titans.

The slowly heavy stomping soon creeps towards the cadets, as they held all their rifles aimed at their eyes. Inhaling quietly, I exhale slowly while seeing Marco in lead. Holding their fire for a while, I could hear the torches crackling. The titans weren't even fazed by the torches. They soon held their aim, and soon they all began firing.

The flickers of igniting light, and the smell of gunpowder begins to fill the room.

Soon the seven cadets charge down before slicing the napes, one by one. Thinking everything was going according to plan, I see Sasha stuff up along with Connie. Fear flashes in Sasha's eyes, along with Connie while stepping away slowly. Clenching my jaw, I snap into action charging down, before twisting my body slicing both titans in a flash, before any more blood could be spilled.

Landing down on my own two feet, arms embrace me tightly.

"Thank you!" Sasha cries, her voice sounding like a child. Drawing my blades in, I tap her back gently. "You saved my life!"

"Now, now.........we're all safe for now," I assure her, before turning to the cadets. "Alright all titans have been eliminated, so begin loading up the supplies. Enough to get yourself back over the wall!"

"Yes ma'am!!!"

Soon all the cadets began to fill up their tanks, seeing hopeful faces again. Relief washes over me, while I allow them to fill up first. It would be selfish alone to fill up first, especially when these guys worked so hard to get here. Resting against the wall, my hand drifts up to my throbbing eye. Hissing sharply in pain, my hand retracts away not wanting worsen the wound. It was deep, and if I don't get it treated, it will be infected.

"Corporal!"

Breaking out of my daze, I notice Sasha waving her hand ushering me over.

"Come refuel!"

Smiling softly she taps the available gas tank, as I make my way on over. Finally being able to refuel, seeing everyone already have enough gas for their tanks. Soon after resupplying everything, I gather some fresh blades and restocked myself. While doing so my vision in my right eye went fuzzy for a moment, while feeling a little dizzy. Leaning against the wall for support, I clench my hand over my eye firmly.