|| Prologue... ||

Skrreee!-

The strange bug let out it's last sound before dying, slowly fading away. $c@^l3t shakily exhaled, pulling out his dagger from its dark green, large scaly body with slight difficulty. 9^1$m quickly looked away from the nearly finished machine, at $c@^l3t with a nervous grin. "Haha. Uh- thanks for that, &c@^l3t. If you hadn't acted, I would've been total zombie mode-" The Steve chuckled, clutching a red stone torch.

"*sigh* You need to be more careful, 9^1$m, you know the lab isn't fully safe from those bugs!" The other grumbled, his only ear flicking in annoyance. 9^1$m sighed, letting his ponytail come loose as they set the last torch in place, tinkering with the repeaters and observers to make sure they were working. "I know, sweets-"

"Don't call me that."

".. $c@^l3t, but with the place only lit with a few lanterns makes it harder to see. I know that it's for the safety of the young Steve we'd all create, but it's a bit inconvenient, don't you think?"

$c@^l3t huffed, glancing at the old door to the farthest left. "Yes, I understand that, but we need the Steve to be as safe as possible. They won't immediately be able to defend themself, just because we have no problem with those creatures every so often doesn't mean they won't either..." He explained, looking over the machine as well, "But I totally understand, it sometimes unnerves even me, especially with how old the laboratory is.". He wasn't wrong, the place was run-down, with vines running down the walls and weeds growing through small cracks in the floor.
But it was theirs, and they wouldn't miss the opportunity to rehabilitate the place, they needed it.

B31&3 walked through the door on the middle right, holding three syringes and a small bottle of grey-ish clear liquid. The other two looked at the Steve, and knowing it was time, they all nodded...

B31&3, $c@^l3t, and 9^1$m all stood in their respective platforms, forming a triangle, each gripping onto a liquid filled syringe. "Heh.. well, it's time to do it!.." 9^1$m said, a sad smile upon their face, "I'll miss being within the mortal realm, a lot, but this w-will bring new opportunities for the Steve realm once he is formed. Does.. does anyone have something to say?"

$c@^l3t was the first to speak up. "I have left simple weapons, nothing too complicated for the young one to understand, scattered across the laboratory for him to use for his own protection." He said, smiling for the first time in a while, "I hope that he'd be safe and moderately unharmed from the bugs, and that maybe.. he'd find someone to protect and talk to, and cherish, like I found you two!..". 9^1$m smiled at $c@^l3t, before adding on with their own statement.

"I hope the same, and.. and I wish that the child— no, Taupe Steve— won't ever have to experience any life threatening situations, that they'd atleast stay protected by.. someone." They stated, "I.. just hope that they can be happy."

"A bit unrealistic, but I hope so as well."

"I-I'm trying!"

The two shared a half-hearted laugh, before looking towards the last, the youngest of the trio. "B31&3?" 9^1$m questioned, walking off their podium over to them. They were shaking, tearing running down their face as they tried to stay calm.
"H-hey.. it's okay, B, it'll be okay!.." 9^1$m quickly hugger the smaller steve, $c@^l3t joining in, "You don't have to add anything.. you don't need to speak, if you need more time, we can—?"

B31&3 shook their head, lightly nudging them away, to which they complied. They rubbed their eyes, before pumping their fist in the air, a determined stare reassuring the other two. "Heh, you're such a crybaby, and yet, you still stand back up to fight. I always cherished that about you, B31&3." $c@^l3t recalled, patting the smaller one's head before going back to his podium.

"Are you sure, B..?" 9^1$m asked, doubt lacing their eyes. B31&3 nodded, puffing out their cheeks, making the older one giggle a bit.
"If you say so..."

The three were back in their spots, nervously glancing at each other. "For the sale of our world?" $c@^l3t asked.
"For the sake of our world!" 9^1$m, B31&3 nodding in response.

And then, at the count of 3, they all inserted their syringe into their arms, pushing the liquid through their bodies. Before the effects could take place, they took the needles out and...
"Now!"

They all pushed the buttons on their rights in sync, and a loud buzzing filled the large room.

Their energies drained out, their colors, their life force; sucked from them. But nobody made a sound.

And then they started to fade away. First $c@^l3t, then 9^1$m, leaving only B3- no, BEIGE left. With their Brown eyes turned grey, they watched as the form in the center materialized into a new, young steve. "H-hehe.. I.. I wish you well in life." They mumbled, and then they faded.

A minute later, the buzzing stopped, the machine ended, and Taupe Steve dropped to the floor; in a deep slumber.

.. wake up...
Wake up...
Wake up!

[MISSION: Wake Taupe up...]
————
Meanwhile, in a remote forest near this laboratory, the gods have created a NEW human to join these steves, with the memory of nothing, this young woman sleeps sitting against a large oak tree...

Perhaps she should wake up as well...

—————————

Uwah!!! I did it! Guys, look at my creation, my motivation came back, and now I've completed the prologue! This is slightly interactive, like i said before, and you'll be a voice, if you would call it that.

Anyways, you guys have a mission right now, so get to stepping!!! >:D