The Place of Stars

Darkstars 9 Lives

Darkthorn opened his eyes and flinched at the brightness of the stars around him. The time has come; He was in Starclan to recover his nine lives and become the next leader of Moonclan. When he opened his eyes again he was startled by the glowing figures that surrounded him. His heart filled with joy at the sight of his old friends, as the ceremony began.

The first life was given by an apprentice named Runningpaw who was killed by a tom named Cray when he refused to join Darkclan in its rise to power. The tortoiseshell tom stayed loyal to his clan till the end, even in times when his leader was wrong.

"It's been so long, Runningpaw...." Darkthorn stuttered but was cut off by the apprentice.

"I am no longer an apprentice, for I received my warrior name here." He began. "My name now is Runningstream, and my life to you is calmness. Times will be frustrating for your clan, but handle the troubles ahead calmly, and trust your clanmates for guidance." The two cats locked eyes, and Running stream rested his head on Darktorns shoulder. There was no pain receiving this life, resembling what calmness feels like. The tom stepped back, and took his place again among the group of cats. Darkthorn waited anxiously for the next life, and was in awe at the cat to step before him.

"Greetings, Darkthorn. It's me, Stoatflower." Her green eyes matched Runningstreams, only she is a calico. "With this life, I give you love. Use it to learn to love those even when they dont deserve it." This life shook Darkthorn to the point where he thought he'd collapse. Is this what love truly feels like? This Painful? Darkthorn gasped as she stepped back into the crown. "Thank you for protecting Riverpool." She commented about her son before falling silent.

Wingpaw, another tom who died in battle, but one form many seasons ago when he to was an apprentice, was the next to give him a life. The white and brown patched tom gave him the life of forgiving. Does he forgive the cat who killed him? Darkthorn wonders. Wingpaw, along with two other apprentices who died in the battle, remained apprentices in Starclan upon request. The life of forgiving was just as painful as the one before.

The next cat to appear took Darkthorn by surprise. It was the former mate to the leader before him, Ravenclaw. Lilystar was devastated when she found out about his death, despite his betrayal to her. And after everything you did to her.....she still loves you. Darkthorn choked thinking about that.

Ravenclaw knew what he was thinking, for he leaned in and spoke to him. "I will always care about Lilystar. I just never knew how to prove that to her." he whispered the last part under his breath. Ravenclaw gave Darkthorn the life of defeat before he could reply to him. "Learn to know when it's okay to lose a battle. Not everything can be succeeded." He said over his shoulder as he walked away.

You should have tried harder for Lilystar! She's the only one who ever truly loved you! Darkthorn wanted to shout once recovering from the dizziness of life, but the words were stuck in his throat. The fifth life came from Spidersilk, his mother. She gave the life of power, and said not to abuse it as leader's before him have. She was referring to Lilystar.

Lionstorm, a long haired golden tom gave the life of fate, for not everything's meant to be, or happens for a reason. Pantherclaw, a white and black tom gave the life of strength, and Dewnose, a white tom from the ancient Moonclan gave the life of forgetting. I got this life to forget the things that Lilystar couldn't.

Lilystar was the last life, and appeared right as he was thinking out loud. "It's a good thing I'm your last life then." She teased. "My life to you is the life of judgment. Learn to observe those around you from afar before trusting them like I failed to do." Lilystars life burned like fire inside him. Is this how you felt during your ambition?

The other Starclan cats joined her around Darkstar to chant his new name in celebration of a new leader.