Chapter 3

Tokage softly walked through the sand. "This is Frostelle's room." Another couple crunches later, "this is Halo's room." After he showed everyone their room, excluding Suna, who lived in the palace and knew where her room full of soft silk cushions from Pantala was. She wondered how Crescent was feeling, the SilkWing didn't have long until his Metamorphosis. She went to the mail room to help King Fulgurite with checking and sorting the intercepted mail. She carefully pocketed a letter of importance in her pouch and Fulgurite turned a blind eye. She softly laid down on her pillows and read silently.

Look. I know you just became general of the SandWings, but your king lets this letter rot, doesn't he? Queen Bluemoon was VERY specific. You'd better fufill your report soon or she and Snipe will be mad. Like really mad. So how's it going with taking over the Kingdom of Sand? Queen Panthera HAS to die. Then King Fulgurite. Poppy is too young to rule, so we can take over as the kind dragons who assist the Kingdom and since Poppy won't be able to do anything due to her young age, when she does reach 7, the Kingdom will trust us more. If Poppy decides to make a decision and we oppose it, the Kingdom of Sand may rebel and put us on the throne. Sound plan, hm? We've got others working on similar plans in the other Kingdoms. Good luck.

Suna dropped the letter and it fluttered to the dark floor papered with sand. There was a SandWing general who had become general in the last year who was a spy for the ColorWings! She recalled the generals who had succeeded their positions in the last year. Sulcata, Bastet and... Taipan. It had to be one of them. Suna gasped for breath, hoping it wasn't her father. She searched for who it was addressed to, but all she found was an 'a'. Wow. SO helpful. All of the names had an a in them. A for annoying was probably what that a meant. She hissed. Another of her older nieces, Nami, poked her head into the room. "Aunt Suna? Are you okay?" Suna nodded. "Yeah. I'm just annoyed." Nami nodded. "If it's annoying, it's confusing! But sometimes, you need to pick up your pieces." Nami left, looking like she was getting ready to fly... and Suna felt like Nami had given her an idea.