1 and Only Part <3

"Hi Penny." I say taking a seat at the bar.

"The usual?" Penny asks, which I answer with a nod.

I twiddle my thumbs, silently praying that a certain someone might make an appearance. Over the top of the loud 80s music, I can make out the cheers and groans from some of the Flight Officers playing a very competitive game of Pool.

Penny places the beer on the bar, and I begin to rummage around in my pocket for the correct amount of money. Before I'm able to collect all the dollars needed, a hand reaches over the top of my head holding a $5 note.

"Thank you, Lieutenant Floyd." Penny says, before returning to cleaning some glasses.

I swivel round on the bar stool to face the not so mysterious hero. "Always the gentleman." I say, taking a swig from the bottle.

"That was simply an apology." Robbie replies, taking the seat next to me.

"For what?" I ask.

"For taking so flipping long to arrive." Picking up the bottle that Penny had just placed on the side for him.

"Oh, don't worry. It was a blessing." I follow the untruthful statement with a laugh. "A few minutes of peace."

Robbie gives me a cheeky grin. "Oh, I am the bearer of excitement." He overdramatically looks me up and down. "I could show you a bit more excitement."

"Be my guest, Lieutenant." I wink at him as we both take another sip from our bottles.

5 consecutive beers later...

"You need to control yourself, Miss Leah." Robbie laughs, steadying me as we stumble down the road back to my apartment. The smell of the sea lingers in the crisp air as we the flickering streetlamps guide us through the darkness, twinkling like iridescent fireflies. The only noise, other than our own drunken comments, is the peaceful sound of the sea crashing against the sand.

"I only need to control myself when I'm around you." I bite my lip and we both erupt in laughter.

"How can someone be that much of a light-weight?"

"You're saying that as if you're not drunk." I roll my eyes as I catch my foot on a jutted-out plank of wood. Normally, I would have not-so-gracefully fallen to the ground in my drunken state, but thankfully Robbie, in a bit tipsy state was able to steady before I had gone passed no return.

"Well, I'm certainly a lot less drunk than you."

"How dare you! I handle a drink quite well!" I state nearly tripping on the curb as we cross the road.

We enter my apartment, and he sits me down on my bed. "You are so unfun, Robbie."

"No, I'm just responsible."

I let out a loud sigh and stand up, putting my arms out to steady myself. "I was gonna tell you how I feel and everything, but you just had to go and ruin it. I knew you didn't love me."

Robbie looks taken back for a second. "I hope you don't mean that." He grabs my hands. "Don't you dare think I don't love you, I always have. And not just as a friend, not just as a best friend."

In my drunken state of mind, I can't understand what he's trying to say. I'm only able to keep my eyes open long enough to see Robbie tucking me into bed.

I wake up the next morning, my head pounding. I must've drunk way too much, God I'm such a light-weight. I look around to see Robbie asleep on top of the duvet next to me.

His eyes snap open and he just stares at me.

"When did I ever tell you that you could stay over." I chuckle, rubbing my eyes.

He clears his throat, "Um, did you, er, remember anything from last night?" He looks at me worried.

I try to rack my brain for what it could be, but nothing is coming to my mind. "No? We didn't have sex did we?"

Robbie laughs awkwardly. "No." He simply states.

"If we had, I'd definitely remember that." I smile at him, trying to ignore the pounding headache that I'm sure would hinder the rest of my day.

Hello everyone. Something a bit different from me, the only thing I've written on Wattpad other than my Daniel Ricciardo story. It was a request from a friend. Feel free to send any requests for tiny one shots like this, for any character/celeb. If you have come from my Daniel Ricciardo Fic, I am working on a new chapter, just busy with revision etc coz I wanna get those Grade 9s ;)

-Em :)