Chapter 7: Long Time, No see.

GingerBright's POV

I woke up, it was bright outside, GingerBrave had already left the tent. I didn't have that dream, I didn't have a dream at all... I don't exactly know what this means, but it feels good. I know I'm gonna see Strawberry again, even if she's not the cookie I remember. I stepped out of the tent, everyone else was already awake.. The adults are looking at the map, while GingerBrave and Wizard are sitting on the ground just talking. I walk over a sit down next to them.
"What are you 2 talking about?" I asked them.
"Oh, it's nothing, really. But don't you think it's kind of weird how calm Pomegranate Cookie was when she told us what she did to Strawberry?" Wizard replied.
"Now that I think about it, she was oddly calm.." I agreed.
"She said she could fix Strawberry Cookie with her mirror, I'm sure she's just confident she can do it." GingerBrave mentioned.
"I'm just not completely sure we can trust her, she basically worshipped Dark Enchantress back then.." Wizard commented.
"Well, she's telling us all this stuff, and helping us find Strawberry.. She's clearly on our side." GingerBrave defended.
"It could be a trick." Wizard said..
I sighed,
"You know, Wizard could be right... Wow, that's a sentence I'd never thought I'd say.."
"See? I'm not crazy." Wizard spoke.
GingerBrave rolled his eyes a little.
"Okay, are you three ready to go? If we start moving now we'll get to Wheat Fields in an hour." Pomegranate informed.
We packed up the tents and stuff, and got moving.
Nothing particularly notable about the walk, the adults argued a little in the front (Mostly Melon Pop and Knight)
And me, Wizard, and GingerBrave stayed silent for the time.
It wasn't long before we started seeing sand, and the climate harshed. That's how we new we we're approaching Wheat Fields.
"Hold on to your belongings.. This place is riddled with crime.." Pomegranate warned us.
I tightened my grip on my backpack straps, as we kept walking. Everything was going fine until suddenly, a random came out of nowhere! A familiar cookie..
"Hold on to- GingerBrave?! GingerBright?? Wizard?!"

"Chili Pepper?!" Me, Wizard and GingerBrave all said at the same time.
"You know this cookie?" TigerLily questioned.
"Yeah! She helped us a couple years ago, before Strawberry disappeared.." GingerBrave told.
"I never thought I'd see you guys again! No sign of Strawberry still?" Chili Pepper asked.
"Oh, about that-" Wizard began.
"Wait, it's not safe to talk out here, follow me." Chili interrupted.
-------------------------------------------------
(Still GingerBright's POV)

Chili Pepper led us to a rusty building, and knocked in a specific order. The door was opened by a kid, no older than 13. Who we also recognized,
"Custard Cookie?" I said.
"Custard Cookie THE THIRD." Wizard corrected.
"Eh, 'The Third' isn't really that important to me anymore." He informed.
Huh- this kid has changed.
We entered the building, it was just a normal looking house. Well, normal looking for the type of house you'd see in an area like Wheat Fields.
"Yeah, he's kinda grown out of that phase of being royal being his entire personality. He mostly focuses on trying to improve his healing abilities." Chili Pepper told us.
"I'm not very good at it, I keep healing the wrong things.." He sighs.
Chili Pepper sat on a brown couch, springs poking out of some areas.
"So what was this about Strawberry?"
"Right, well she's apart of The Cookies of Darkness now..." GingerBrave told her,
"And we're going on this entire journey to find her and... HOPEFULLY defeat Dark Enchantress once and for all!"
"Really? That's wild!" Chili commented,
"But," she lowered her voice into a whisper, "What's uh, Pomegranate Cookie doing here?"
Pomegranate sighs,
"I'm helping them. Where do you
suppose they're getting all this information?"
"Right... So, I already know you're the Queen of The HollyBerry Kingdom..."
Chili Pepper pointed at TigerLily.
"I have no idea who you are..." She pointed at Melon Pop.
Mel shrugged.
"And... What's that? A Halloween costume?" She pointed at Knight.
"Hey!" Knight responded.
Melon Pop started laughing,
"I like this one-"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think I'm gonna leave this chapter off right here, you'll have to wait til chapter 9 to see what happens to them next.. Why 9? Well, I got something special planned for chapter 8 ;) (Btw pls vote on this chapter)