◊ Pяєlιмιηαяу x Exαмѕ? ◊

Hey, just a side note, I may occasionally fade in and out of what they say in Japanese, for example, someone will say "Nani" and then the next may say "What" and for this I apologize in advance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Jeez you guys are sissies! Its just a little storm, no need to get so worked up about this!" The eighteen year old Chou scoffed, brushing a bit of her red hair from her face. She had died it red a long time ago, and decided she liked the color so had kept it that way. All around her, her fellow Hunter applicants were collapsed on their knees, trying their damndest not to spill the contents of their stomachs. She could see only three people besides herself who weren't bothered; A kind looking boy in green feeding herbs to the ill, an emotionless blonde boy reading a book, and in the far corner a black-haired... man? with glasses was sitting, munching on a green apple.

"W-water..." mumbled a man, from the floor, who was being fed herbs by the only boy bothering to help. Chou jumped down from her swinging hammock. "Ne, can I help out?" she questioned, tapping the boy on the shoulder. He grinned widely at her and nodded. "Yeah, go find Katsuo-san and get some water please!" The dark-haired girl nodded and ran off to do as she was told.

-----------------

"So first, tell me your names." The Captain of the ship studied each of the four in the room.

"I'm Gon!" The boy in the middle, wearing green, answered with his trademark smile.

"I am Kurapika." The blonde's tone was emotionless.

"Its Leorio..." The black-haired man rolled his eyes and looked as if he'd rather be anywhere but here right now.

"Chou Lucilfer. Pleased to meet you." She gave a closed-eye smile.

"Why do you want to become Hunters?"

"Oi! If you aren't an Examiner, you can't boss us around!" Leorio glared at the captain.

"Just answer the question!" The Captain already seemed to dislike the man. Honestly, Chou didn't like him much either.

"Well... My dad is a Hunter!" Gon spoke up. "I left Whale Island because I wanted to know why my dad wanted to be a Hunter so bad!"

"Oi kid! You weren't supposed to answer the question." Leorio grumbled, glaring at the energetic boy, who returned his glare with a confused look. "Why can't I tell him why I'm here?"

"Not a team player, huh? I don't wish to reveal why I'm here." He growled, poking the kid's head.

"I agree with Leorio." Kurapika's gaze never strayed from the ground.

"Nani?! Aren't you younger than me? Show some resp-"

"I also agree with Leorio. Why I am here is my business and mine only." Chou's red eyes narrowed slightly at the Captain, although she gave a tiny smirk at the annoyed look on her supposed elder's face.

"It is quite simple to avoid pesky questions by offering a plausible lie-"

"Oi! Are you listening to me?!"

"Nobody will listen to you, old man." Chou snickered under her breath, glancing at him for but a moment before the blond kid beside her continued speaking.

"However, it is quite shameful to rely on deceit. That being said, if I were to tell the truth, I would be exposing my deepest secrets. That... is why I cannot provide an answer." The blonde continued talking as if Leorio hadn't spoken at all.

The red-head raised an eyebrow at the boy, and she silently agreed with him... partially. Of course, she didn't mind relying on deceit. It was rather fun in her opinion. "I want to find my big brother. He disappeared a long time ago," she said quietly, looking away with a sorrowful look plastered on her face.