Ever since Lucius Malfoy, the head of the family was captured by the Order of the Phoenix in the battle in the Ministry of Magic, the Malfoy family had lost all of their reputations and had since fallen from their honour. They could only obey the Dark Lord and do as they were told or like the fate of the rest of those who defy him, face Death.

"May I know, what is the meaning of this..?" Aion finally spoke in his sister's stead, trying to keep a polite composure.

The chortles died down and Bellatrix Lestrange immediately hissed at the young man's attitude, displeased that he had interrupted their joy and fun. She even looked like she was about to jump at the boy if her master had not interfered with a hand held up for her to remain calm. At once, Bellatrix bows her head down to her master's instructions though she did manage to sneak a glare in the Estoileons direction.

"It is a welcome," Voldemort replies shortly.

Aion scrutinises his expression, making Voldemort smirk at him. He went on, "Now that the both of you are here without any disturbances—" he paused, taking a glimpse of Aine's stoic look. She knew that 'disturbances' meant their father and she could only stay as still as possible, or else the tears were going to fall again. If there was one thing Aine would not have wanted, it was for them to see her cry, to crumble into their play. It was only going to fuel their excitement even more if she did.

"I wish to ask you both if you knew the whereabouts of your mother," Voldemort said.

"We do not know," Aine refuted on behalf of her brother. Though they may have a clue as to why she went away after reading the note she left behind, in the chest where the invisibility cloak was hidden. 

Voldemort faces Aion who squinted at him, "I know you don't, Aine. Though your brother may beg to differ."

"We don't know where mother went," Aion responded as matter-of-factly. "Even if we did, why should we tell you?" he snapped at the Dark Lord who simpered. Aine clenched her brother's hand, giving it a small shake, she prayed that he would just keep his opinions to himself. 

Still looking ahead and not giving one blink at Voldemort, Aine spoke in her mind to her brother.

Aion, please Please do not do this. 

She didn't want him hurt.

However, her brother only continued to glare at Voldemort. 

"Sassy like the sister," the Dark Lord commented, amused. He reaches for Aion's face and held him by the chin, jerking it towards his face. "I'm not asking, boy. I'm demanding you to tell me where Aris is."

"We. Haven't. Got. A. Clue," Aine seethes out.

"Well, if I can't find Aris... I wonder what should I do to get her to come out from this little game of Hide-and-Seek?" Voldemort questioned, his icy eyes lit up as if an idea struck him. "Perhaps! I should kill her son!" he grips Aion's skin and the young man's eyes twitched, feeling the claws sinking in.

Aine's breath hitched and without hesitation, she steps in front of her brother and pointed her wand at Voldemort swiftly, cutting his touch on her brother. Her speed alarmed the rest of his army as they had all pointed their wands in the direction of the two Estoileons. There were flames in her golden eyes as she bore into Voldemort's. The first time she had made eye contact with the monster. "Don't you dare touch him!" she growls, giving up on the idea to remain calm. Not Aion, she tells herself. If they so much so lay a finger on him, she would attack.

Voldemort's eyes widened for a second before he burst out laughing, "Now, now. Don't be so hasty, Aine dear~" he jested.

The girl remained in her stance, she wasn't going to back down now especially when she had his goons pointing their wands at her. He sighed loudly, his expression souring. "Sheath your damn wands," he commanded them and they followed his orders, putting down their weapons.