𝟐𝟏 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐮𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐁𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡

Start from the beginning

Blood boils underneath my skin, while maintaining my anger.

Without another word I take off to the centre of the district, to aid the people who are still trying to flee from their home.

**

The wind pounds against my ears while slicing through the nape of a titan, blood spraying in all directions. Flicking my hair to the side, I land upon the plated roof almost losing my footing. The heads of titans appear behind houses, and some standing taller. 

Sudden flashes of the nightmare five years ago, soon clouded my eyes.

Blinking my eyes a few times I try to focus on my targets, that wandered purposefully through the town. Their heavy stomps thundered beneath me, still feeling the earth trembling from the rooftop. My head snaps in either direction, before moving quickly towards the back. 

Allowing my senses to cover my radius, a cry of a child soon pierces into the air.

Snapping my head in the direction of the source, a titan's hand slowly swipes my way. Dodging the attack sharply, I twist my body to fly above it before angling my blades down. Reactivating my grappling hooks I embed it into the shoulders, before pulling myself down slicing through with full brunt force.

Exhaling for a moment, I soon sharply and quickly begin flying down to find the child.

The child continues to cry out, while I fly around corners of building side to side before finding it was a little girl. Swooping down my eyes catch sight of a titan, about to grab the child. Leaning forward my body moves a little faster, before embracing the child into my chest.

"It's okay, you're safe," I coo gently, while she grips onto my tightly.

Guiding my body through the buildings, I cover the girl's eyes not wanting to scare her more than she's been through. Her small sobs were heard, tears soaking my jacket. Narrowing my eyes, I dodge as many titans to get to the mother or anyone who knew this little one.

Finally reaching towards the back I saw the people screaming, and rushing down before I notice a young woman pushing away the opposite direction. She began calling out, eyes darting around while shoving past the panic of people. Flying down towards her, I land before her.

 "Is this your daughter?"

Her eyes widen with sudden relief before scooping her daughter up, before thanking me multiple times. Accepting her thanks, I usher the two to keep moving forward. This was such a sudden attack, no one was prepared enough for an evacuation.

"Get out of here, hurry!!!"

Once I watch the two reach the group of people, I soon turn back to the titans that threatened the town. With fresh blades still in tact, I push off before soaring through the air. Gripping the handles tightly, I began slicing my way through the titans. Squads were doing their part, positions were in motion. All we could was try and take many titans down, or at least block that giant hole.

Just when I notice Eren's squad was in view, something collides into me. My body couldn't react quick enough, as my body went through glass that shatters. Clenching my jaw tightly grimacing in pain, my body rolls into the floor of the building while I pushing myself with my knee.

"Hmm,"

My eyes lift up to notice it wasn't a titans hand, but someone whom I'm not wanting to see. This was the wrong time, wrong place..........why him of all places?

"Why weren't you at the expedition, Walsh?" I question sternly, not wanting to put up with his bullshit. 

He whips out a blade without uttering a word, making me stand up sharply. Blood rolls down my forehead, before feeling slight pain. Focusing on Peter, he soon charges towards me. Dodging his attack, he swings with purpose before he sends a backwards kick to my torso. About to collide into the wall I pick myself up, before charging head on.