❤️Chapter 8❤️ A Festival

Start from the beginning

Tsugumi patted on Aiko's head and said, "Kido told me before about a little girl he was meeting last time. He was always running off, slacking on minor operations, Gai said it was natural habit since he was only 9. And I was 8," she sighed at the last part, "However there was this one operation. It got him imprisoned. For five years. I don't get why we had to rescue him. He is such a pest."

"So... He-"

"After we rescued him, he was still slacking, going out without us knowing. Ayase and I were curious so we followed him and was shocked to him, the infamous mass murderer, to be enjoying the peace and serenity of mother nature."

"Guess that's pretty unusual..."

"But... I guess that's why his void can manipulate gravity."

"Huh?"

"A void to manipulate gravity. That's his void. Gravity pulls us down. Stress does too. It's human to want to remove the stress. I honestly didn't know that he was stressed. I think he is stressed over you."

"Huh? Over me?"

"Of course. You are always so harsh on him, even after he broke his promise, that's his stress. That you won't ever forgive him, or accept him for being a murderer."

"I see..."

~end of flashback~

+++

AIKO'S POV

"So Kido... Is it true? That I am stressing you out..." I asked. He kept quiet and after a while, he pointed at a booth. It was an aim-the-ball-hit-the-tins game.

"I will get that for you," he said pointing at the teddy bear.

"Eh? I can get one myself."

"I know, I just wanted to get it for you, how about we see who can get the most prizes?" he said and winked.

"Eh? Okay!" I said and turned to face the booth manager, "Mr Boothmen! 2 balls please!"

"All right!" the booth manager turned around and faced us. It was Shu.

"Eh? Shu you work at this booth?" I asked.

"Not really... The actual booth manager asked me to take over so yeah..."

"All right then, 2 balls. Free," Kido said.

"Your wish is not granted, 20 yen for each ball," Shu said.

"Are you sure?" Kido said and took out a voice recorder-player and said, "How about this?" He played it, it was Shu saying, "Inori's my everything, you jerk!"

"What? You recorded it?!" Shu shouted. Tons of people stared at us, then looking away. Shu was embarrassed

"Of course. It's a great memory right?" Kido teased.

"Kenji Kido. That was mean..." I said sternly.

"Heh heh so?" Kido asked.

"I'm leaving..." I said and turned around. I heard Kido sighed and said, "Fine..." I turned around and saw him passing 40 yen to Shu. Shu passed 2 balls to him and said, "Enjoy."

"Come on, I can't have all the fun, right?"

I smiled and took the ball. I threw it as hard as I can, hitting the tins.

"Wow! That's amazing Aiko!" Shu said and asked, "Which one do you want?" I looked around the prize counter. There were alot to choose from. Then I saw it. It was a black heart shape keychain. I pointed at it and Shu took it from the counter, "Here."

"Yay~ Thank you!" I took the keychain and turned towards Kido, passing him the keychain, "Here. For you." I smiled.

"Oh thanks," he replied taking it, "My turn." He took the ball and threw it, hitting all the tins.

"Well congrats. Choose one," Shu said.

"That one," he said, pointing at the teddy bear we saw earlier.

"Ok then," Shu said, taking it from the counter. Kido took it and passed it to me, he said, "For you."

"Thanks Kido!" I replied and took the teddy bear, hugging it. It was very kawaii.

We went on with the festival and played many other games, then came the finale aka the video that Shu's club put up. It had Inori in it which was very interesting. Tons of effects and cool video editing.

"Psh what a joke." It was Kido.

"Are you still mad that most of the games?" I asked

"Maybe..."

"Cheer up! You had fun right?"

"Guess I did."

"That's good..."

"Huh?"

"I am glad you came with me Kido... I had fun." Then I hugged him.

He held back "Why are you-"

"Thank you. For today. I especially liked the teddy bear."

He sighed and hugged me back. I smiled.

"No."

"Huh?" I looked up at him.

"You aren't the only thing I am stressing out on... There's a lot you don't know about me."