Prelude Awakening

"Argh... my head! Where am I?" Ash asked as he got up on a strange beach. "You alright, kid?" A bold voice said, shocking Ash. "Who are you and what is this place?" Ash exclaimed. "Hey, it's alright if you're scared. Tell me your name, will you? I'm Kamado of the Galaxy team in Hisui. If you're ok with it, I see you have the potential to be a Survey Corp, so you can join us for a living."

Ash didn't know how to respond. He was still trying to wrap his head around what was happening, but he knew he had to get some answers. "Wait, who are the Survey Corps? What do they do?" Ash asked, hoping to get some clarity. "The Survey Corps' main job is to journey the land and complete the Pokémon index, also known as the Pokédex. It's a very important job to give these uncivilized regions info on Pokémon and their dangerous properties. Since you already have Pokémon of your own, it should be an easy task for you!" Kamado explained.

 Ash was still hesitant, but the idea of exploring new regions and completing the Pokédex was too tempting to ignore. "Alright, but can you tell me where my Pikachu is? Is he okay?" Ash asked, concerned about his partner. "Your Pikachu is fine, kid. It was sent to the medical corps for healing because it needed a checkup. So, what's your name?" Kamado reassured Ash. 

"I'm Ash Ketchum from Kanto. Arceus sent me here for a mission or something like that. Can I know where I am?" Ash asked, still trying to piece everything together. "You're at Prelude Beach right now. This place is Hisui, and that there," he pointed at Mount Coronet, "is Mount Coronet. It's had a space-time rift over it for a few years now, but it's still a pretty nice view. "Ash was surprised at the explanation but was grateful for the information. He still had a lot of questions but was excited to explore this new place. "Alright, but why does everything you just said sound so weirdly similar to Pokémon trainers or I'm in the past?" Ash asked, still puzzled. "Never mind, I'll just do it then," he added, shrugging his shoulders. And that is how our hero's journey in a place both familiar and unknown began!