|Chapter X: Consequences|

Start from the beginning

"It... it was Darren!" One of them threw Darren out of the circle of the wolves and Scout nearly bit him for it, as the boy yelped in shock and she neatly avoided the kick that he sent at her.

"What was? You said that you did not start a fire." TJ sounded rather confused and Scout barked at them all, as the boys nearly tripped over one another to get away from her wolf form.

"We robbed the house round the corner. I heard howling. I thought that there was a dog trapped inside of it. But I couldn't get in." Scout whined quietly, hearing that he had indeed tried to get in. "They said that we had to run. I heard the fire engine, I thought that it would all be okay. I just wanted to save the dogs, that was all!" The confession was heartbreaking and Scout looked at TJ, growling softly and she saw that he had gotten the message. "I couldn't get in. I tried, I really tried!"

After they had all left, the wolves led by Scout looked at TJ for about a mere moment, before Scout howled and the other wolves took off after her.

After a night of running wild, they had made their way up to the moors before the moon went down and the sun came up.

Scout was half-asleep in the sun, and Jana was chuckling at the sight. "Lazy bones." Jana said and at the words, Scout's eyes snapped open and she tackled Jana off of the wall, as the two were laughing together, as they rolled down the hill.

Eventually, the two girls came back up the hill and Scout looked around as she waited for the scent to come back, but it had disappeared again.

"You will get your backup for that reason, TJ. You are her son, there is only so much that she will do to you with regards to punishments." Scout pointed out and TJ nodded, as she was back up on the wall next to Matei.

"At least you had a bed." Matei murmured rather unhelpfully and Scout had a half minute thought to kick him, until she thought better of it.

"Don't rub it in." TJ muttered.

"Next month." Matei replied.

"We should stay here forever. As wolves, living wild." Emilia said and Scout chuckled softly.

"Been there, done that." Scout said and Emilia looked at her with wide eyes. "Back in Nebraska, I mean, it was three out of the four full moons, we would live wild. We would race around, feel the wind and fight until we were completely drained. It was a good life, but not a sustainable one for us." Scout murmured.

"Well, if you're gonna be a wild wolfblood as a wolf, you won't be needing this, will you?" TJ stole her food and Emilia raced off after him as Scout was laughing at the sight.

"Get him Emilia!" Scout shouted encouragement and Jana kicked her in the leg. "Ow, what?" Scout asked as she moved her leg away so that Jana could have more space.

After a few moments, Scout heard a howl and her eyes shone gold. "That better not be who I think it is." Scout said and she took off running, as she was suddenly face to face with Thomas Marshall, who was looking at her with a sigh. "What the hell do you want?" Scout asked and Thomas tugged on a chain, as out from behind a tree was Casey in wolf form and the chains were attached to a collar. "Let him go!" Scout demanded and out of nowhere, a wolf slammed into Thomas full in the face and Thomas shouted in pain, dropping the chains and the keys.

Scout grabbed for the keys and unlocked the collar quickly, as Casey whined and he stood up in human form. "Good?" She asked and he nodded and he growled at Thomas, as Scout left him to finish the job.

Imara was facing off with Jana, while TJ gave Scout a hopeless glance as she spotted Matei and Emilia, standing behind Jana on the hill. "It was my fault, Jana was pressured into it by me." Scout said and Imara growled at her.

"I took you under my wing, I made something of you in Segolia and you  disobeyed my orders." Imara growled at her. "That is what I get for trusting an American." Scout felt the biting pain behind her words and wondered if that same pain, was what always drove her cousin to back away from people. "Your foster parents are waiting to say goodbye. You will be able to wolf out in Romania, all that you want." Scout turned to look at Matei and Emilia, who were already looking at her with pleading glances and Scout shook her head.

"Run." Scout whispered and the two looked at her. "Run, go. While you can she has no staff, they all left for Norway. Go!" She shouted and they both took off and she stepped into the path of Imara, snarling savagely and a moment later, their scents disappeared completely and Scout shook her head at Imara. "You will never find them."

"You have a half-day to pack up your things and leave. You are no longer welcome at Segolia." Imara said coldly and Scout shrugged at the words.

"You can take the wolf out of the wild... but you can't take the wild out of the wolf." Scout replied evenly and Imara turned away, and she walked with TJ, as Jana looked at Scout. "She kicked you out anyway?" Scout asked and Jana nodded slightly. "Great." She mumbled and the two walked away... trying to figure out what they were going to do now.