𝐒𝐍𝐄𝐀𝐊 𝐏𝐄𝐄𝐊: 𝐃𝐄𝐊𝐔 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐒𝐔𝐁-𝐙𝐄𝐑𝐎

Start from the beginning

"Better I do it than putting everyone's lives in danger." Izuku mumbled, walking over to her. He stood next to her as the two teens looked at the bussiling city below them.

The sounds of cars riding by, police sirens filled their ears, ambulance trucks not too far behind. This once beautiful city was now dirtied with crime and blood.

"Why are you here?" He asked, turning his eyes to her. "Did someone from our class send you? Thinking they could convince me to come back by having you here?"

Tomomi softly grinned a cold grin at his words. Showing just how numb she really was now. "No one sent me.....In fact, I haven't seen anyone in a month. One can imagine how pissed they would be if they saw me again."

Izuku said nothing as he allowed her to continue. "In fact," She added, turning to him. "I left without a goodbye, unlike you. At least you left them a note.....I did nothing. Said nothing......They probably think I'm dead, at this point."

"......" Izuku remained quiet as he stared at her with curiosity inquisitiveness.

Tomomi's grin dropped from her face as she surveyed his face up close. His eyes were now dark and filled with sadness, he had black rings underneath. His face looked flushed but skinny. Like he hadn't eaten anything in so long. In fact, he looked like he hadn't slept in so long. It honestly broke her heart to see Izuku as a shell of what he used to be.

Like he was just living but he wasn't alive anymore. His happiness has gone completely. Now, he was just as hurt as she was. Just as cold. Perhaps even colder than her.

Placing a freezing hand on his face, she lightly caressed his face with her thumb, allowing her nails to lightly graze his skin. For the first time in a long time, her eyes showed emotion. And it didn't show pity or sympathy towards Izuku, like he expected to see.

It showed pain. Severe pain and agony. Everything she fought so hard to hide from him and everyone else was now surfacing in her eyes.

Izuku allowed himself a moment of weakness as he leaned into her hand, closing his eyes as he felt her cold hand caress his tired and sunken face. He would be lying if he said that he didn't miss her. He would be lying if he said that she didn't make his heart race anymore, because she did and it felt good for a moment. To feel something other than anguish for once.

"I'm not here to convince you to do anything, Izuku." She whispered, moving a strand of his hair from his face. "......I can't make you do something you don't want to do right now.....I'm here because I have to convince myself that I didn't hurt anyone else I care about."

Izuku's eyes flew open as he frowned at her in bewilderment. She believed that she hurt him? He knew what she was talking about. That time in Gym Gamma. The rail of hail, the anger she felt, the harsh words she spat at him, their classmates and Aizawa.....The things she said to Bakugou...... It wasn't her.

They've already found out before that event that she was under the influence of a mind control due to her own quirk attacking her from the inside. Which was influenced by a villain. So no one took what she said to them to the heart, even though it hurt like hell. But what made it worse was that she was locked away for it.

It made Izuku lose a little faith in the hero society. She needed help and yet, they treated her like a caged animal. Forcing her to see what she had done to everyone by accident. Causing her to see herself as a monster rather than a person. A hero. And that only amplified tenfold during the war. She saved a lot of people but she still saw herself as a beast.

"You could never hurt me." He whispered, gently taking her hand from his face and holding it close to him. "Tomomi.......You could never hurt anyone.....You're not a monster. You're just......in agony and we failed you. I failed you."

"I can't go back." She quietly spoke, bowing her head down a bit as tears spilled out of her eyes. "I've caused too much trouble for everyone.....I'm not made to be a hero....Not anymore, at least....."

"I disagree." Izuku retorted, still holding her hand. His thumb rubs the back of it in circles. "You may not be a hero....but you are something more....Something I can't be anymore but you can."

Tomomi looked at him, wanting him to continue. "A leader." He answered. "If I learned anything else from All Might, I've learned that being a hero and being a leader are two similar words but they mean different things. And if you can be both, there should be nothing stopping you from using your quirk to protect others. For as long as I have been friends with you, you've shown me that you are both. Don't let what happened to me, happen to you....

"I can't go back because I would only put everyone's lives in danger. I don't have the power to save everyone or to protect everyone.....But you do, Tomomi.....I don't want you losing your light like I did."

It hurt like hell to hear Izuku tell her that he lost himself. That he was no longer the Izuku Midoriya she loved and cared for. What hurt even more was that she could see that he would never be the same. At least not for a long time, that is.

If Izuku couldn't talk himself out of his own darkness, he would do everything in his power to not have Tomomi follow him. He couldn't deal with the thought of Tomomi feeling what he was feeling. The sleepless nights, not eating or taking care of himself. He willingly worked himself to near death and he didn't want her to do the same thing.

Tomomi sighed, leaning her forehead onto his. Izuku closed his eyes again, allowing another moment of weakness to happen to him.

"It might be too late for me.....But it's not too late for you," He whispered, placing his other hand on the side of her face. "I love you too much to allow that to happen to you...."

The conversation is a lot
longer and more emotional
but this is just a rough draft
I might change some aspects when
I actually post it. Who knows.

Anyways, any questions? comments?
concerns? ask away!

love you and stay safe!