Chapter 1

⚜~~~~~~~~~~⚜

Chapter 1

Outside the Nordic hall the thunder and lightning screamed in unison with Earl Ragnars wife, who was presently giving birth to her 3rd child. Ravn had predicted another strong boy like their first born, young ragnar. Young ragnar and thyra were with ravn in another part of the hall. Maidens were helping sigrid through her birth while earl ragnar was beside his wife. All the noise in the hall ceased, and thunder roared deafeningly.

"It's a boy" there was no joy in the maidens voice.
"I want to see him" sigrid was adiment.
"I don't think that would be best", earl ragnor picked up his now clean son, realising the boy had no life in him.
"Ashter, Ashter Ragnarson. We'll have a proper funeral for him" Ragnar set ashter down on the pelted cradle by the fire.
Sigrid was beside herself in tears, Ragnar held her close comforting her for the loss of their stillborn son. Ravn brought young Ragnar out, thyra had fallen asleep in the room while waiting.
"Mother, why is my brother not making any sound?"
That infused a new set of tears. Ravn was quiet just watching the baby by the crackling fire.

Suddenly the fire burst to life, roaring with youth, lighting up the room. All heads turned to the abundance of flames only to see odins symbol: the valknut. The crying of a babe soon filled the room, everyone stood still, waiting and listening. Ashter was alive. Sigrid rushed forwards to see her child, picking him up she cradled him close. Ravn chose now to speak,
"The God's Ragnar. The Gods have blessed him". Earl ragnar was in shock of the situation.

⚜~~~~~~~~~~⚜

As Ashter grew they became familiar with what this blessing involved, Ashter could manipulate the elements. They discovered it with fire first, when he was 4. He sat watching the flames intently one evening. Ashter wanting to know how they felt to touch lifted his hand into the flames, much to his mother's horror. Sigrid pulled her sons arm away but when his hand left the incaseing of heat, he held a flame in his palm and giggled.

Ravn found this curious, while Earl Ragnar now worried more for his sons safety and young Ragnar found this to be cool. Ravn suggested they try other things after the fire, such as water: when Ashter managed to stop the water from spilling to the floor with the cup that had fallen from the table, then wind: where ashter unknowingly created a mini whirlwind while spinning a stick, and lastly earth: he made plants grow and could plow small plots of land by moving his hands a certain way.

Ragnar had Ashter train with him and young Ragnar. He'd become an excellent swordsman and marksman over time but there was always more room for improvement, his axe and knife throwing on the other hand were exemplary. Ashters father and grandfather had him practice his gifts more too, he could now light fires from thin air and bend water every which way, even controlling a person's body by their blood. He helped with the crops by plowing the field and manipulating the wind helped more when he was climbing tree's, always softening the landing when he fell.

While in Denmark Ashter found a hurt grey wolf pup in the woods and brought it home, nursing it back to health. When healthy, the wolf didn't want to leave so Earl Ragnar let him keep the animal, Ashter named her agnar, meaning edge of a sword. Agnar became very protective of Ashter, which his family was glad of. The wolf could protect Ashter when his brother and father couldn't which put all their minds at ease.

When Ashter was 9 Earl Ragnar had his family and clan set sale for Northumberia. Young Ragnar was 17 and Thyra was 14, when they arrived they built a new hall and huts. They pillaged and sacked villages which Ashter was allowed to be involved in. Then the day came when they were to face the earl of bebbanburg in battle, Ashter begged his father to let him fight like young Ragnar but he was not allowed. "Maybe one day youngwolf", he gained the Nickname youngwolf for his wild nature.

⚜~~~~~~~~~~⚜