Real

helenlinzki as promised

---------------------

DAY 1

"Whoever you are, I know you have my phone and I need it back. You can do this the easy way and return it, or I'll make sure that the police will trace you."

Ly took off her apron as she heaved a sigh of relief over finishing another shift at the coffee shop. Checking her watch, 10pm.. she slowly fixed her hair that has become so unruly, reflecting how tired she has been today. Her life as a working student for the past 3 months has started to take its toll on her.

Life wasnt always this difficult. She started her college life as a normal student. While they weren't rich, her parents made sure to make ends meet just to support her studies in Ateneo, one of the most prestigious universities in the country. While they knew that they weren't as well-off as the rest of the population of the University, her parents wanted her to get the best education, in the hopes that she would be able to transcend and improve their status.

But the past months, in her last semester in college, the bills started to pile up and she was just embarassed to ask for more money from her parents. Project materials, graduation fees, thesis costs.. All additional expenses that she knew would be a burden to her parents. So, she decided to take on this part-time job, without telling her family, as she knew they will object to it.

Placing her apron in her cubicle as she was preparing to log-out from her shift, she heard a thud as she threw this inside the small box. Pulling it out slowly, a phone fell from the pocket. She suddenly remembered that she picked this up from one of the tables earlier but forgot to turn it over to the lost and found. Inspecting the phone in her hand for any indications of ownership, she was surprised when it vibrated as a message came in.

The phone had no passcode, so she decided to snoop a little just to trace its owner. Opening the latest 5 messages, all from the same unknown number, she decided to read on:

"Whoever you are, I know you have my phone and I need it back. You can do this the easy way and return it, or I'll make sure that the police will trace you."

"So, which is it? You want to do this the hard way, ey?"

"I swear the police will be on your tail first thing in the morning tomorrow!"

"You better hide!! I wont even go through the police, I'd get you with my own bare hands!!"

"Sorry about the threat, I didn't mean any of it. I just really.. Really.. Need my phone back, please?"

Ly had to laugh as to the crazy owner of this phone. Whatever is in this phone must be really important for her, that she is turning into a total pyscho for it. The phone vibrated again in her hand, breaking her thoughts.

"Hey, I know you're not really a bad person. So, please? Can you just give my phone back, please?"

Ly shook her head in laughter and decided to finish off and log out for the night. She placed the phone in her bag, deciding that she will return the phone to the owner herself rather than surrendering it to the lost and found. Not to exact any kind of reward, it's just that her curiousity was piqued by the character of its owner.

Almost an hour after, she was back at the dorm right outside the campus. She was dead tired, but she still had to stay up for a few hours to do her school work. Slumping on her bed, she took a few moments to close her eyes in an attempt to ease out some of the tension in her body. To say that she was dead tired was an understatement. Rolling over to her side, she remembered the phone, and how its owner should be crazy worried for whatever importance this thing holds in her life.