She tried to dodge the upcoming javelin, but it was too late. The javelin caught her in the chest and sent her flying like a rag-doll. She slammed into the ground, her head spinning. She looked up and saw she was at the feet of Artemis, who was still straining under the weight of the sky.

"Run, my daughter," She told her. "Please!"

Atlas was taking his time. Her dagger, Lunar, was gone — it skittered away over the edge of the cliff. It may appear back on her wrist in a few seconds, but it wouldn't matter — she would be dead by then. Luke and Thalia were still fighting like demons, lighting crackling around them. Annabeth was on the ground, tears flowing down her face as she struggled to free her hands.

"Die, little hero!" Atlas yelled, raising his javelin to impale her.

"No!" Artemis screamed.

Suddenly, a large wave slammed into Atlas — crashing him into the castle walls, harshly. The Titan groaning in pain, struggling to get up.

She turned to face the pool of water, which, held a very angry demigod.

Percy.

His eyes were stormy, Riptide held loosely at his side. He was breathing heavily, and the Mist around him made him look like he was glowing.

There was no denying it — he was incredibly hot.

Percy glanced at her, studying her for injuries, before turning back to Atlas, and charging him before the Titan could get up.

Zoë was shooting arrows towards her father. With Percy and Zoë fighting them together, they may be able to hold him back, but not for long.

That's when Selene remembered the prophecy: the Titan's curse, must one withstand. None of them could possibly beat Atlas, even together. But there may be somebody who can.

"The sky," She told her mother. "Give it to me."

"No!" Artemis hissed. Her forehead was beaded with metallic sweat, like quicksilver. "You do not know what you're asking. It'll crush you!"

"Annabeth took it!"

"She barely survived."

"I'll die anyway," Selene whispered. "Please, mom. Give me the sky."

She didn't wait for an answer. Lunar appeared back on her wrist, and she cut the goddess's celestial bronze chains. Then, she stepped next to her mother, holding up her hands, and bracing herself on one knee, and touching the cold, heavy clouds.

For a moment, Artemis and her held the weight together. It was the heaviest thing she'd ever felt, as if she was being crushed by a thousand trucks. Selene so badly wanted to black out from the pain, but she forced herself not to — breathing deeply.

'I can do this.'

Then Artemis slipped out from under the burden, and she held it alone.

She couldn't explain how painful it felt — honestly, she couldn't.

Every muscle in her body turned to a boiling and blistering fire. Her bones felt like they were melting. She wanted to scream, but she couldn't even open her mouth. She began to sink, lower and lower to the ground, the sky's weight practically crushing her.

Her vision began to blur.

'Idiot,' A dark voice in her head said. 'Thinking you can play hero. Now, you shall die.'

She forced herself to control her breathing. If she could only just hold the sky for a few more seconds.

She then thought about Bianca — who, had given her life to get them here. If she was so selfless and brave, Selene could hold the silly sky.