𝟐𝟎 | 𝐂𝐡𝐨𝐢𝐜𝐞𝐬 𝐖𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐤𝐞

Start from the beginning

"Alright you lot, how about you all go down and cool off at the river nearby?" I suggest, while slipping my jacket off leaving in my black tank top. Rolling my shoulders back, I wipe the sweat with my jacket getting sick of being hot and sticky.

They all nod, "Yes Corporal Akira!"

Soon I hear cheers and laughter finally greeting my ears, allowing me to fall to my ass onto the log bench to collect myself. Seeing them all disappear from the grounds, I soon close my eyes allowing my body to gather more energy for anything else that's scheduled for this afternoon. Cheeks burning profusely beneath the sun, I thanked my genetics that I couldn't burn easily.

"You've done a lot today,"

Fluttering my eyes open stood Shadis who stood before me, making me sit up more properly. He just wore a simple shirt, knowing full well he couldn't wear his thick uniform coat. He took a seat beside me, seeing the cadets rushing down towards the riverstream nearby.

"So..........in six months time, we will finally announce the top ten," he spoke up, while I hum in response. "You happy with the cadets, that reached the top ten?"

Nodding, "Yeah, but....."

He turns to me, noticing the slight hesitation in my voice.

"But?"

Sighing deeply, "Are they ready to finally choose their own paths?"

Even though I placed them in harsh training, and made sure they knew about survival and defence, I still didn't like how children have to start fighting for humanity. I know I started young too, but I've trained from birth. These kids have not much experience, but given how well they've come since the start, I'm impressed.

"If you trained them, then I have nothing to worry about," He spoke up, as my eyes slightly widen. "You are our top strongest soldier, and by that I place all my trust with your actions for the future of humanity."

My mouth was agape by the sincereness of his words, feeling warmth in my chest.

He sighs heavily, "It still doesn't give the right for Commander Erwin, to neglect and hold such distrust towards you,"

He was right, I didn't deserve the neglect from our only commander. It wasn't right, and it's frustrating. 

"I will make his trust bind to me, because he is our Commander," I spoke up, lifting my head watching the kids running out happily. "I will try my best to protect him, protect everyone.......even if my life might be limited."

He soon stood up hearing the cicadas singing their buzzing tune, while he shield his eyes from the hot blazing sun. My eyes trail up while he shares me a nod, "Well, inform the cadets that the rest of the day they can take a break,"

"Sir?"

He gives me a smile as my eyes widen, seeing a rare sight.

He turns to the office building, "They've become strong enough, one day can't hurt to earn some fun.......they're kids after all,"

He was right, allow them to have some fun while they have it. Something I wished I could've had, but now it's gone. When I was younger what I found fun was training with my mother, who held a spark of a warrior. No, she was like a graceful goddess. She was a beauty of Shiganshina, and she had a voice like honey. Soft and mellow.

"Yes, sir,"

With that he turns on his heel leaving me to my own thoughts, while I wipe the beads of sweat that glides down my forehead. Lifting my arms I pull my bangs and hair up, allowing some air to cool my warm head. A smile graces my lips, tugging with amusement and somewhat pride that I managed to take on this amount of cadets.