Versus Velocity and Veracity - Part 2

Começar do início

"I got you V, Ryan I need and incline as steep as you can!" Spyder said.

"I'll do the best I can." Ryan responded lifting up the front of the robot. The increased incline caused Veracity to just slide down the vents towards the opening she climbed in. Spyder stood at the edge not being able to see through the smoke until Veracity came flying out of the whole in the wall, knocking him backwards flat on his back, and ending up breaking Veracity's fall. After the moment of realization they both shot back to sitting up on the floor.

"You saved me?" Veracity said almost in shock.

"And you saved us, so thanks and you're welcome." Spyder said slowly.

"Thanks and you're welcome." She smile in response.

"Thank you and you're welcome."

"Thank you and you're welcome." Veracity brushed hair out of her face after the room fell silent and Spyder just awkwardly chuckled before Veracity got up off the floor and said.

"I'm not used to this."

—————

(Ryans POV)

"I've got nerdo." Mark says coming from the elevator with Harris.

"And the fire is out." Veracity added after she and Spyder crawled out of the hatch.

"And we're right over the ocean. We just need to figure out a way to stop." Spyder says. "I mean, what could possibly go wrong?" There was an explosion below me, shaking the robot changin our course as well. 

"I can't steal anymore!" I said as Veracity went to her desk.

"That. That's what could possibly go wrong." Mark said as he and Harris glared at Spyder.

"The fire destroyed the controls for the rudder it will take hours to fix." Veracity says from her computer. 

"We don't have hours. We're rocketing back towards bay city." I responded.

"Well, if we crash into the city at this speed we will turn it into a crater." Veracity added to make everything worse. I tried to use the jump rockets are any of our weapons to at least turn the robot so we weren't flying at the city but nothing worked.

"It's no use the jump rockets aren't strong enough to change our course." I sighed unhooking the harness leaving the control pad. "There's only one more option... eject and blow up Mech-X4."

"You mean us the self destruct?" Harris asked in shock.

"If anybody has a better idea I'm listing." I answered. That's when Veracity stepped up.

"Harris do you remember in 5th grade, when you were to afraid to take me down in that mathletics showdown?" 

"For the bazilionth time I wasn't afraid!" Harris protests. "My parents car really did, run out of gas!"

"Yeah with out gas the engines will stop." Mark added.

"We'll never run out of gas before we hit the city." I pointed out.

"But according to Harris's absurdly detailed tutorial, we can just dump the fuel manually. We just have to go outside and not fall to our deaths." Veracity says scrolling on her tablet.

"It's to dangerous at the speed we're moving at." Harris said. "The wind will blow you right off."

"If only we could like stay sill for a few seconds." Spyder wondered out loud.

"The grappling grip. We can grab something on the ground and it will hold the robot like and anchor."

"That will give us the time we need to dump the fuel."

"I can dump the fuel, but there's two engines." Mark volunteered. "We need another person to take the trip."

"Harris can't, and Spyders firing the grappling grip and I have I have to pilot the robot" we all knew who that left. Though if Dakota was here she'd one hundred percent want to do it.

"I got it." Veracity says confidently.

"It's gonna be rough out there."

"I know. I can do it." I looked back to the rest of the team before turning back to Veracity. "Cmon Desmond." She held out a fist. "Bump it." I returned the favor and we all took our spots, Veracity followed Mark out of the room.

————

Harris stood at the top of the balcony, Spyder at his station and me on the control pad as usual. Veracity and Mark laced up gravity shoes and were now climbing outside the robot as I was about to snag a freighter that was anchored underwater.

"Mark how's it going?" I asked through the mech-links.

"Dumping the fuel now." We heard him say back.

"I'm emptying the second tank!" Veracity's voice cheered.

"We're still coming into fast!" Harris yelled from the balcony.

"Spyder grappling grip we gotta slow down now!" Spyder then followed, swinging his arm on his chair forward to launch the hand. It wrapped around a freighter ship holding us in place.

"All right we snagged something, and it's holding!" Harris says locking in the grip. We were only able to hold on for a few seconds before it started to hurt.

"My arm feels like it's being torn out of its socket." I said in pain.

"Hang on the freighters anchored!" Harris said. The grip eventually gave way and we continued flying.

"Dude where's Veracity?" I asked when Mark came back in the room.

"She didn't come back?" He asked in response.

"Grab the gravity shoes we all have to go out there and find her." I said leaving the control pad. The four of us walked in the direction of the elevator until Veracity stepped out of it.

"Found her." Spyder says.

"I knocked Harris's tutorial, but it did have an annoyingly detailed section on how to amp up your gravity shoes." She explained. "You didn't think I let you croak me on our first mission right? Oh and we will be out of fuel in three, two and one. So we're gliding. Shouldn't you be back in your flight girdle?"

"Okay but we're definitely coming up with a cooler name for this thing." I said going back to the control pad.

"Why is flight girdle totally something Dakota would call that thing?" Spyder asked as I landed the robot on the ground.

—————

I took us back to the ferry hanger, Mark and Harris went to the jet to figure out what happened while, Spyder, Veracity and I waited in the now burnt X-deck.

"Found the source of the explosion." Harris says coming into the room. "Leo had to build the jet from whatever tech he could find so some of the fuel lines weren't secure enough. Some of the gas leaked into the thrusters and ignited."

"We've replaced all of them. We can take the fight to Traeger as soon as the repair cycles over." Mark paused to look around at the damage. "I'm a day or so."

"Hey!" Spyder yelled, "the new 4D movie opened at the metro-plex you can practically smell Chris Pratt's handsomeness?" 

"Well, just bought tickets." I said. "9:00 showing."

"Why so late?" Spyder asked.

"Because Dakota plane lands in an hour and if I ditch her to go to a movie she's been begging me to go with her to see, she will probably dump me than kill me." I explained. "And I don't know about you all, but I'd like to keep my girlfriend and my life so, 9:00."

"I'll go get my car." Mark added.

"I'm on snack patrol!" Spyder yells following me out of the room.

"And I'll point out the plot holes." Harris called. We were all walking down the hallway, until I noticed Spyder spin back around and run back to the room and ask Veracity if she was coming. Which she did.