Monsters ran up the roof tiling but most fell off. I ran ahead first and sliced the first monster's neck making the monster fall off the roof. The next monster ran at me and I pushed it off the roof. Another gets in the way, I stab my sickle through its body but the monster is trying to get to me. 

Making me slip a bit back. I yelp making Chang slice the monster's neck. 

I quickly pulled my sickle out of the body before my sickle could land on the ground. 

I hurridely say, "Double team!"

Chang nods his head. 

A monster runs at us and Chang stabs its chest. I take my sickle and slice its neck making Chang pull his sword out. 

I kick the next one that got near us making it fall off the roof. Chang slices the next one and we continue that pattern. 

Chang drops his sword and I stand in front of him on guard. He hurriedly picked up his sword but that didn't stop a monster jumping at me. I grabbed the monsters clothes and threw it back towards a few other monsters making them all fall off the roof to the ground. 

Chang used his sword to slice the next monster. I stood behind Chang breathing a bit heavily. Chang uses his sword to hold himself up so that he can breathe. I see more monsters coming our way. 

I see the tiles loosening. I quickly went in front of Chang and used my sword to take the tiles off the roof. After three swings of my sickle, the tiles came crashing down making the monsters follow tumbling down. 

With my breathing being heavy, I stumbled a bit backwards but held myself up. A snarl came from behind us making me and Chang look behind us just to see a monster getting shot in the head. 

The monster fell off the roof, showing Officer Min in view. Him and one of his men ran to us. I ran to the direction we were going followed by the other men. 

Once off the roof, we were met up with the others. I smiled when I saw Beompal and Yeongshin. We ran after Chang in the direction of a forest. 

Some of the men stopped to shoot fire arrows making way for our destination of the garden. 

I followed right behind Chang to the rear garden.

'I need to survive for all the people in Jiyulheon. My mom and dad. Muyeong. Lord Ahn Hyeon. They lost their lives for me. I need to live in their memory.' 

We stopped and formed a line at the rear garden. I see that the lake is frozen over.

'This just got harder.' 

Bows, guns and swords pointed in the direction of the woods. 

Five men behind me pointed their guns at the ice. 

I hear whimpers in the dark making me squint my eyes to the darkness to see Beompal running towards us but he slipped and slid on the ice. 

I couldn't help but chuckle at him. 

'He never fails to make me chuckle just a little.'

Beompal gets up and runs towards us getting in line with the other men. I stood behind Chang. 

I hear the stomping of feet hit the ice. 

I yell out to the men, "Get ready!"

The monsters got closer and Chang yelled, "We must do it now. Shoot!"

Gunshots were heard hitting the ice. 

I let myself focus on what was happening before me. Men beside me ran to kill the monsters, some of them getting back in line but others continuing to fight. 

I tried my best to keep up with the men but being on ice and already exhausted made it difficult. I slice my sickle at a monster coming to me. The monster fell followed by another one. I use Yeongshin's dagger and cut the monsters neck.

I see in the corner of my eye, Yeongshin sliding on the ground to kill some monsters. Yeongshin meets my eyes and nods his head. I understood what he meant. 

I readied myself and slid on the ground to the approaching monster making it fall and I quickly stabbed it with the dagger. I got up and took out a monster nearing Chang. 

I could hear Beompal screaming, "Get away from me! Get back! Get back! Don't come closer."

Two monsters run at me and push me to the ground. I shove the dagger at its head but I couldn't reach the other one. A sword went through its head. I get the monsters off of me just to see that the sword belongs to Chang. 

I got up off the ice just to see Officer Min get bit on the shoulder. My eyes got teary. I angrily sliced the necks of monsters near me. 

'Were losing!'

I fail to see a monster come up behind me making the monster bite my upper arm. I cut the monsters neck.

"Kwan!!" I hear someone yell. 

I look up to see Chang fighting to get to me. Tears finally fall down my face. 

'I can't give up. I must break the ice.'

The men that were once trying to break the ice were no longer there. I use Yeongshins dagger and stab the ice with force. 

The ice was cracking but not just enough. I angrily continued stabbing the ice. Not looking at my surroundings. 

'I mustn't fail.' More tears rolled down my face. 

My hands are becoming bloody. I throw the dagger at the head of an approaching monster making it fall. 

I start hitting my fists on the ice. 

The pain grew but I didn't care. I felt my insides starting to change. I held it in and continued punching the ice. More of the ice cracked. 

'My promise will be kept! To stay alive for them, my family.' I angrily thought while tears went down my face.