mournful

Kwan POV

Monster Ahn Hyeon bit Cho Hakju on the cheek ripping his cheek leaving a hole where skin once took place at.

Cho Hakju fell to the ground. 

A soldier stabs monster Ahn Hyeon in the chest making it turn to the soldier about to attack but Chang acts fast. 

While I was trying to get out of the soldiers arms, Chang took a sword to cut off monster Ahn Hyeon's head off. I threw the soldier's arms off of me which worked. I was free. 

I take the soldier sword and run towards Cho Hakju to kill him. Muyeong caught me and I screamed out, "NO!" 

I struggle to get out of his grasp. He whispered firmly, "Stop Kwan. You can't do this Kwan."

The sword held in my hand slipped from my grasp as I crashed to the ground on my knees. 

'I can't kill him...' 

Chang looks at me.

Cho Beompal runs towards his uncle and kneels down beside him. 

Chang yells out, "To stop the creatures that rose from the dead, you must aim for their head."

A soldier says in disbelief, "I do not believe this. How is this possible? Lord Ahn Hyeon definitely passed away."

"That is correct." I said brokenheartedly. 

I yelled out angrily, "Just as all of you had witnessed, he had passed away in the hands of your doings!"

Chang spoke up, "The female physician resurrected him, just like how Cho Hakju brought my father back from the dead." Chang drops the sword in his hand on the ground. 

Then he says to Seobi, "Now, tell us... everything you saw and heard."

Seobi spoke up, "Lee Seunghui, the physician who taught me, recorded everything in his patient journal."

Seobi picks up a purple flower, the resurrection flower. She shows it to everybody.  Then she says, "This plant is called the resurrection plant. He used it to bring His Majesty back from the dead, and that's why this plague broke out in Gyeongsang."

One of Lord Ahn Hyeon's men brought the patient journal to show it to the captain soldier who is wearing red clothing. 

Chang said, "This is Father's patient journal, which she just mentioned. He tried to disclose the truth. The Haewon Cho Clan... and their leader, Cho Hakju, are accusing me of plotting treason. However, what I want is not the throne. What I truly want.." Chang looks at me and I look away quickly. 

Chang continues, "..is to punish the Haewon Cho Clan... for degrading our nation. The Haewon Cho Clan is guilty of mortal sin. They have treated the corpse of the late king... with abominable disrespect just so that they could keep their power. They oppressed the commoners, who were ravaged by the war. They deliberately starved them by taking away their food. And they took a girl here from her home just to leave her to die in the woods!" 

I felt the eyes of many of the soldiers on me. 

Chang then said, "The Haewon Cho Clan's greed caused this atrocious plague. Now, open your eyes and ears! Listen to the people and heed the reality of this country. It is now time to decide what the right thing is to do."

Chang looked at the captain soldier and asked, "Will you join me?"

The captain soldier bowed at Chang followed by the rest of the soldiers.