18. Brotherly antics!

You began to walk as fast and quietly as you could, trying to catch up to Mugman. Cuphead was snoring peacefully, showing that you were doing a good job on keeping him sleep. Mugman though, was kinda far away. You looked at Cuphead hesitant, but begin to slightly run towards the blue mug.

     ' Come on Y/N! I believe in ya! ' Mugman shouted, giving the thumbs of encouragement. With a smile on his face, you ran and ran- until you made it over to him. 'Good job Y/N! ' Mugman said, clapping for you. ' Was Cup heavy for you? ' Mugman asked, tilting his head. 'Kinda- Wait... Why didn't you just run over here? " You whispered, not wanting to wake him up.

     ' Cup needs the rest. Besides, he looks like he's enjoying the ride! He'll sleep through anything, but this is probably the happiest I've seen him sleep in a while. Look at the grin on his face! '

     ' I- . . . ' You quickly looked at Cuphead to see a big goofy grin on his face, peacefully snoring. ' Aw....! ' You whispered, swaying slightly. 'He's adorable isn't he? ' Mugman smirked. ' Yeah, he is. . . ' You whispered. ' Wait a minute- why are you smirking?? '

    ' No reason. No reason at all. . . ' Mugman sighed, giving a signal to follow him into the brother's home. When Mugman opened the door, you tapped his shoulder with your head. ' Where do I put Cuphead? ' You asked.

     ' Oh! Uh.. You can give him to me. Unless.... You still wanna hold him. ' Mugman said, as his grin slowly grew. 'Thanks, but I think I'll give him to you. ' You said, handing over Cuphead to Mugman. You see almost a frown when you do from Mugman, and Cuphead shaking a bit.

     ' Hmm...? What's goin on...? ' Cuphead mumbled, his eyes slightly opening. ' Huh? Oh! You're up Cuphead! ' Mugman exclaimed, surprised. ' You fell asleep, and Y/N carried you back home! ' Mugman chirped.

    ' Oh ok... ' Cuphead said, slowly closing his eyes again, until he realized what he just heard. ' WAIT— THE WHOLE WAY HOME?? ' Cuphead screamed, immediately turning his head towards you.

     ' Yep. . .? ' You hesitated, shrugging uncertaintly. ' I honestly don't think you had an issue with it brother. ' Mugman whispered to Cuphead, slightly smirking.  ' I— Mugs, shush. I didn't know I was being carried, let alone by Y/N! I WAS SLEEP! ' Cuphead yelled, as you stared at him in confusion.

    ' Sure you were. . . ' Mugman stated sarcastically, rolling his eyes in disbelief. ' Anywho... What do we do now? ' Mugman asked, looking at you and Cuphead for options. ' We could play video games again. I don't mind, plus - we could challenge who is the greatest in smash! ' Cuphead suggested, smiling.

     ' But we did that already... Plus I'm thirsty. ' Mugman replied, staring at the floor. ' Hmm. . . Maybe we can make a pillow fort? ' You proposed, looking at the two brothers for a response.

     ' Yeah!!! Good idea doll!! We can add rocks around it too!! ' Cuphead replied. ' We can read stories to each other!! ' Mugman exclaimed, jumping. ' We can make our own stories!! ' You added, grinning excitedly.

    ' You can paint the fence! ' Elder Kettle chimed in, holding two buckets if paint towards the brothers. ' We can paint the fence!! ' Cuphead, Mugman, and you exclaimed, jumping with excitement.

     ' Wait... Paint the fence? We had paint? ' You asked, tilting your head in confusion. ' NOOOO!! Why do we have to paint the fence again?? ' Cuphead groaned. ' Especially in front of Y/N?? ' Cuphead whispered to Elder Kettle.

     ' If you're going to impress someone Cuphead, you gotta show them you're capable and responsible! Now go on! ' Elder Kettle said, shooing the brothers out the door. ' ELDER KETTLE!!!' Cuphead protested, putting his pouting face on the window.

     ' Come on Cuphead. . . The faster we start, the faster we finish. ' Mugman said, grabbing Cuphead by the handle - pulling him towards the fence. ' NOOOOO–! WHY ELDER KETTLE?! WHYYYYYY???? ' Cuphead whined, plopping down on the grass upsettingly.

     ' I JUST WANTED TO SPEND TIME WITH Y/N!! IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK–?? ' Cuphead wailed, aggressively grabbing a paint brush out of a bucket. Mugman sighed, staring at the bucket of paint. ' I do too, but we gotta do our responsibilities first Cuphead. ' Mugman reassured, sitting next to him to rub his back.

     ' Come on Cuppy, it's ok. Like I said, the faster we do this, the faster we spend time with Y/N! ' Mugman chirped, standing up - beginning to paint the fence. ' Faster way we can spend time with Y/N huh? ' Cuphead said, slowly backing away. ' Cuphead– What are you doing? ' Mugman said, putting a hand on his hip.

     ' Cannonballs are quick and simple, aren't they Mugsy? ' Cuphead smirked, revealing a cannon filled with paint, prepared to fire. ' CUPHEAD, PUT THAT BACK! I WILL NOT LET YOU DO THIS AGAIN! ' Mugman violently protested, running towards his brother. ' Mugs, come on, it's a good ide— '

  ' Mugsy- why are you getting closer? '

                         ' Mugs? '

     ' OH GOOD GOLL– MUGSY NO!!! I'M SORRY WAIT– I'M SORRY!! ' Cuphead screeched, dashing away from his brother. ' Is Cuphead ok—?! ' You said, immediately dashing towards the door. ' He's fine Y/N! He and Mugman do this. . . daily. Just let him learn his lesson. ' Elder Kettle said, stopping you.

     You began to stare at them chase each other, and frequently look back at Elder Kettle concerned. ' Can I help them paint the fence at least?? It doesn't seem like it'll get painted any time soon... ' You sighed, looking at Elder Kettle.

     ' It'll get painted, though I do appreciate you wanting to help. ' Elder Kettle said, rubbing your shoulder. Though, for the next fifteen minutes - the fence barely had any paint on it. Cuphead and Mugman started to fight, bouncing everywhere but the fence.

     ' Ok. . . Maybe you should help them out. ' Elder Kettle said, looking at you. ' Do I need a bucket of paint Mr. Elder Kettle? ' You asked, looking at him. ' Take one just incase, and I recommend painting the inside first. By now, they would usually fight at the back end of the house. ' Elder kettle said, handing you a bucket of paint - with a paint brush inside.

     ' By the way Y/N, you can just call me Elder Kettle. No need to be professional with me! ' Elder Kettle laughed, smiling at you. 'Ok then, Elder Kettle! ' You said, saluting with a smile. ' You can now paint the fence soldier. ' Elder Kettle said, giggling as you waddled your way to the fence.

     ' Y/N's a good one. Now I can give Cuphead some advice on how to charm someone, and how to not embarrass himself while he does it. . .' Elder Kettle said, going over to end the brothers antics.

     ' Or as they say now, have some rizz. ' Elder said, stopping. 'I– I will never say rizz again. . . ' Elder Kettle cringed, walking off to stop the two brothers from fighting each other once more - as Y/N began to paint the fence.