Chapter Seventeen

Comincia dall'inizio

I turned to see her looking at me, she wiped her eyes and asked “Who's Deku?” I put my hands in the space around my head “Uh, teenage boy, messy green hair...” I then pointed to my cheeks “Freckles!” I smiled and she put her hands to her cheeks, pushing them up. I dropped both my arms and let one wrap around her “Your smile will come... I promise... Now... Do you have a favourite hero from today?”

I looked at her with both my eyebrows raised, she placed her hands in front of her face and then opened them “Lemillion, he was so cool!” I gasped and placed my hand over my heart “Not me! Oh well... I suppose Lemillion is pretty cool!” She nodded and I smiled “Do you wanna know who my favourite hero is?” She looked at me with big curious eyes.

I pointed to her and gently poked where her heart would be “This amazingly strong girl called Eri, do you know her?” She tilted her head and said “But I'm not a hero...” I rubbed my chin and hummed “Are you sure? I define a hero as someone that saves people and you saved Deku today!” She shook her head and pointed at me “You told me to do that!” I hummed and looked away.

“I suppose I did... Let me see! Oh, you rewound me which allowed me to have the energy to save Aizawa, which has then saved my career! Wow! You're so amazing that you managed to open up my future opportunities!” She tilted her head and I laughed slightly “Aizawa is my teacher, he's training me to be a teacher, but he's also a hero. He goes by Eraserhead... I know, long. But, he's really cool! He can erase someone's quirk by just looking at them! He only uses it on bad guys though!” She nodded before looking down.

“Lemillion lost his quirk because of me.” I shook my head.

“Now, listen to me Eri. If you had shot him, yes, you would have caused it... but even still, he's alive and well. That will always be more important than his quirk... his parents get to hug him a thousand times more!” She looked up at me and whispered “Parents...”

I hummed before asking “What do you remember about your parents? They must have been pretty great to have you!” She nodded and balled up her fists “I think they were great... I don't really remember them... but I killed daddy... he went to pick me up and then disappeared, mummy placed me with grandpa saying I was cursed...” I brought her into a hug “You are not cursed Eri... and I'm sorry you had to go through that... I'm the reason my mum isn't here anymore...” She tilted her head back to look up at me “What happened?” I gave a sad smile “We were at the park and a villain appeared, he picked me up and she stayed to save me...”

“So... Your mum was a hero too?” I raised an eyebrow and looked down at her “Too?” She nodded.

“Yes, like you?” I smiled and kissed the top of her head “To the world my mum was just married to a hero, but to me, she is my hero.” She nodded and then hugged me “You're my hero!” I just held her tighter.

I moved us around in the bed so if she wanted to go to sleep she could comfortably within my arms as I leaned against the head board. Eventually she did drift off to sleep, I smiled and held her more securely. I then felt her heartbeat and let out a breath, leaning my head back to look at the cieling.

We were all in the hospital room that had beds for Kyoko and Nori. I shot awake at my dreams that only contained the events of today, I scanned the room taking particular notice of the monitors my sisters were attached to. I noticed that Kyokos number read lower than what the nurses said was normal when I enquired.

I got out of the chair and moved over to her bed to see that she was awake, so I whispered “Kyoko.” She moved her sight away from the cieling to look at me “Y/n... you should be asleep.”

I got onto her bed and sat “I can't...” She opened her arms up and I cuddled into her, hugging her back and keeping my ear over her chest so I could hear her heartbeat.

“Y/n... I'm so sorry for all I've ever done to you...” I shook my head slightly, not wanting to miss a single heartbeat “You don't need to apologize Kyoko because I could not stay mad at you.” I felt her bunch up the material of my shirt in her hand that rested on my back “You shouldn't have forgave me... You had to have stitches because of me!”

Why does that matter?” She took in a deep breath “Y/n, I hurt you, so badly, and even still you forgave me.” I smiled and held her a bit tighter “You've learned from your mistake though and every day since I've been happier than ever because you've played with me and protected me! I couldn't have a better sister!” She sniffled and I looked up to see her crying.

“I was so stupid Y/n, forgive me! You've never been the weakest but the strongest of us! Just why couldn't I see it before?” I sat up slowly and reached my hand towards her face, wiping her tears away, I smiled “I don't need to forgive you because I already forgave you long ago!” She sobbed.

“Promise me that you won't allow Ayaka- no, anyone, to hurt you!” I grinned and hugged her again “As long as I don't have to be mean, mummy said to always be kind!” She placed her hand on the back of my head, stroking my hair “Of course, you wouldn't be my amazing little sister if you weren't kind... I'll forever love you Y/nn!” I nodded and cuddled more into her “And I'll always love you Kyoko!”

Lub Dup

She stopped moving her hand and lifted her finger to slightly stroke one of my ears “I'll watch over you, no matter where we end up.

Lub dup

She then whispered as she rested her finger against my head “I love you...

lup...

I opened my eyes as I felt someone tap my shoulder, I looked over to see Aizawa. I reached my arm up that wasn't wrapped around Eri and rubbed at my eye closest to him “I just came to inform you that they're ready to discharge you.” I nodded slowly before glancing down at Eri who was still sound asleep, I smiled and looked back to Aizawa “I think I'll stay for a bit longer.” He nodded and gave a very small smile.

“Well, I'm going to leave.” I nodded and watched as he walked out of the room. I looked back to the cieling and whispered “I still love you Kyoko... You too Nori...” I smiled and closed my eyes.

Dad was holding Nori close to him, afraid to lose her like we had Kyoko early in the hours of the day.

“Y/n.” I looked up from my seat that was against the wall before getting up and going over “Yes Nori?”

She smiled “I don't know if Kyoko ever got around to telling you but she regrets ever hurting you... She came to me once mum and dad told her off and asked why I always played with you seen as you are the runt... Obviously it's because I looked into the ethology of wolf packs, the species we're related to, and found their weakest stay at the front to remain in the group. The strongest then being behind to protect. For a start she took it for being your shadow until I told her she was being creepy... After a while she told me that she regrets mistreating you because you didn't deserve it and that you should lead from the back because you were the strongest out of us all... being able to smile even after all we've said and done.

Dad smiled at Nori and she continued “and I have to agree with her... even whilst that man had hold of you, you told mum to leave with us. Thankfully mum understood that you don't leave a pack member behind, especially the one that reminds us to keep smiling in this world of villains... I've loved every game I ever played with you and every theory you helped me with... You supported us all and from up above I'll support you in whatever you wish to do... I don't want to leave but I can watch over my only reason to stay... You... My little sister... I love you.” I took hold of her hand and she smiled “Let me go...” I stepped closer and hugged her arm, I nodded and whispered.

“I love you... Please carry my sister carefully!”

She laughed slightly “You remember that little theory... wow, I was blessed with an amazing sister!

I woke up at Eri jolting, I looked down to see her shaking. Holding her closer to me calmed her shaking a bit “Shush, it's okay, I've got you.”

[ Edited : 22/11/2022 ]

[ Re-Edited : 17/07/2023 ]