Chapter 2

"I trust you." I said.

I didn't realize but Arthur and I had started holding hands. He was rubbing the top of my hand with his thumb. It was like a painting. As soon as the moment has started, it was interrupted by the door opening. I quickly pulled my hand away.

"Mr. Morgan, what are you doing in here?! Ms. Winslow is to be resting!" Mrs. Grimshaw ordered.

I threw a "busted" look towards Arthur as he quickly shot up.

"Is Mr. Morgan bothering you?"

"No ma'am. He was just keeping me company, i promise." Arthur sent me a smirk.

"Well, she needs rest Arthur. I believe Pearson was asking for you." Mrs. Grimshaw said, more calmly this time.

"Pearson always needs something. Have a nice evening Ms. Winslow." Arthur said, flicking his hat down.

"You too Mr. Morgan."

Mrs. Grimshaw and Arthur left me alone again. Wondering what my future held.

-time skip-

I woke up startled. I think it had been at least two days at this point. I heard bustling packing. I started to worry that maybe the gang had forgotten about me. I tried to sit up. My legs shook, i pleaded with them. Please for the love of all that it holy, please work. My left leg started to move, pin and needles prickled every inch of my lower half. I cringed at the thought of standing, but I kept on.

I started to turn my body, when i realized I was almost naked. I saw my clothes hanging near the fire place. Had Mrs. Grimshaw washed my clothes? Did she undress me?? I shivered as the air met my naked skin. Now it was more dire. I willed my legs into the cold wooden floor, trying to race towards my clothes. Each step felt like walking on sewing needles. I had only just grabbed my clothes when the door opened. I yelled.

"DONT COME IN DONT COME IN"

"Oh shit! My bad!"

Arthur. Poor sweet Arthur. I don't know what would have been worse, if Arthur or Grimshaw had walked in. I started to hurry even more, trying to figure out where all my appendages needed to go. I fit my head into the hole, check my arms into the sleeves, check. My dress skirt hit the floor, check.

"Ok Arthur, come in!"

Arthur came in, covering his eyes. I laughed.

"It's ok Arthur, i was just naked." I teased.

"You're the one who screamed at me!" He teased back. "well, did you want to come on my wagon? We're heading down the mountain today."

"Oh thank God. Where are we headed to?"

"A little place called Horseshoe Overlook, next to Valentine." Arthur beamed.

I thanked God we were leaving. I pranced over to Arthur, like a giddy school girl.

"I would love to be on your wagon."

As a 25 year old woman, i was not shy to flirt with people. The little interactions I had outside of my family home were practice. I knew i was pretty. Medium length, wavy black hair, a curvy plump figure, and wide hips. my mother used to jest that all the women in our family were meant for breeding. Though at the time I didn't understand what she meant, i understood her ways with men. I always knew what she was up to when she left the farm.

I walked up to Arthur and held his arm.

"A man named Hosea will be sitting in the back of the wagon with us, you'll love him, he's a real hoot of an old man." Arthur stated. I was glad to be meeting more of the people apart of the gang. Arthur had noticed me holding his arm and put a hand on my mine. I didn't know how to describe my feelings towards him. I just knew i craved being around him.