You Caused His Demise (PPT2)

(This is an AU where Treasure Chest got caught by Mr Hand and was transformed into a Monster but because of his experiences with Journal he doesn't bother fighting it and it results in Mr Hand taking his soul completely.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Let me out!"

A loud shriek exploded from the cage suspended in midair as a certain green book started to slam his palms against the cage bars repeatedly, yelling to be set free.

The cage itself was quite peculiar; it was made entirely of obsidian stone and with deep blue swirls carved into the bars. Metal wires with spikes on them twined around the bars, glinting with what looked like snake poison.

Journal glared at his surroundings. Everything was so dark to the point he could barely see anything, and even if he could it wouldn't do jack squat because he had not the faintest idea where he even was right now.

Suddenly, an ever-familiar laugh echoed out, and Journal started muttering, "No no no no no no no.." "Well! If it isn't my favourite guest!" Mr Hand cackled as he appeared.

Journal glared at him and snapped, "Why am I in a cage?! Let me out!" The hand pretended to look insulted and responded, "Aw, but I wanted to show you a little surprise!"

Journal didn't trust him one bit, but before he could say anything, Mr Hand suddenly called out, "Come on and say hi to your new friend!"

Of all the terrible things Mr Hand could have created, what he'd shoved forward next had to be the worst. It was one of his monsters, but Journal knew that this was not a monster.

It was an object.

More specifically...

It was Treasure Chest.

But he had become completely unrecognisable. He used to be a calming shade of pale brown, but it had darkened to jet black. His lock had changed from gold to the same nauseating blue shade Journal hated to see on the monsters.

His limbs seemed to have grown longer and he had ridged claws on every finger and toe.

But the most horrific part was his eyes.

They used to be a vibrant jade green and were speckled with flecks of brown. They twinkled merrily and sparkled when he was happy.

They were the things Journal had liked most about the team 47 leader.

Now, they had darkened and changed to navy blue, his pupils turning to jagged cerulean Xs and he stared forward, gaze soulless and blank, eyes cold, glassy and dead.

Dead.

Is he dead?

He can't be...right?

"Was it worth it, Journal?" He snapped out of his horrified trance at Mr Hand's voice. "What was worth what?!" He demanded.

"Driving all your friends away, crushing your friendships? Did you think all that researching and finding clues would help you try to defeat me?" Mr Hand let out a cold laugh.

"Because it certainly didn't. Your friend here didn't even struggle when I caught him! Said nothing, did nothing! He just let me corrupt him completely!"

Journal's blood froze. Treasure Chest... had let himself get turned into a monster?

"You're...you're lying. There's no way he'd get his soul corrupted so easily by you!" He protested. But the evil being in front of him just laughed like a lunatic.

"You're too late at telling me that, Journal! His soul was already dead! Why else would it be so easy to transform him into my brethren, when he would've usually fought to get away?"

Mr Hand brought a finger to his Chin and pretended to think. "But who could've caused his pretty little soul to die? Oh! I know!" His gaze turned to Journal and he grinned.

"Because you broke him. The bullying from Team ] was enough, but you refused to forgive him, refused to even accept his sincerest apologies and shrugged him off like he was garbage. A broken soul is the easiest to corrupt, you see. And his was already broken and his spirit had died. Which basically meansssss... he's pretty much just a dead shell on elongated limbs."

Journal stared hopelessly at Mr Hand, then back at the monster who was once his friend. He tried desperately to find any trace of emotion in those dead cerulean eyes; anger, sadness, anything.

But there was no emotion at all.

Mr Hand's words finally went through his mind and he slowly sunk to the cage floor on his knees at the realisation that he was the sole cause of Treasure Chest's ultimate demise.

Now he would never get to see the other's vibrant smile, never see his shining green eyes, never hear his voice again. Because now, the Team 47 leader was like a caterpillar in a cocoon.

But the being in the chrysalis has died long ago, and all that was left was a cold, dead shell.