Hashira Meeting

While (Y/n) sat on a small boulder away from the Hashira's, patiently waiting for the meeting to start, she noticed the glances they were giving her. Probably because of the blindfold.

Rengoku approached her first, towering over the small female, his wide eyes staring at her, "(Y/n)! As we are waiting for Oyakata-sama to arrive, tell us why you're protecting a lower moon!"

The Flame pillar's question caught the attention of the rest, as they too, looked at (Y/n), wanting to know her reasons. Though whatever it is, it certainly wouldn't change their judgement. They were demon slayers. To spare a demon, let alone a Twelve Kizuki, who has eaten dozens of humans would be going against their code. To them, demons were unchangeable and trying to convince one to stop eating a human would like telling a person to not breathe. It was impossible.

(Y/n) knew what their feelings were for demons, their attitude alone spoke volumes. Their hate for them is blinded by their pasts and their encounters with demons which makes reasoning not an option.

It was the same with curses. A jujutsu sorcerer couldn't reason with one because they weren't human at all. They were manifestations of negative energy created by people or places.

But a demon was once a human before they were turned; willingly or not. They had a past, a family. Some of the demons (Y/n) had met were solely consumed by hunger and didn't think rationally, but there were some who actually knew what they were doing and could converse; Douma and Rui.

If (Y/n) can reason with Rui, she was sure it would be no problem with others.

After all, a curse and a demon are two different entities.

"Rui has been through a lot in his life, I don't doubt that. He's a demon who's a lost, tragic creature just like the others. He was once a human before he became this and he only wanted a family. Rui promised to never eat a human again, albeit it might be hard for me, I'm sure with time and patience, he can learn to control his hunger. I will protect him because I believe he can change and atone for his sins." (Y/n) spoke with a smooth and leveled voice. She was determined to protect the lower moon.

Sanemi glared at her, "You must be pretty stupid to believe a demon can simply stop eating humans! He's a lower moon! One of the Twelve Kizuki! It doesn't need a chance, it needs to die after all the human lives it consumed!" He snarled at her.

(Y/n) stared at him unwaveringly, "I don't care what you believe. Rui is under my protection, Twelve Kizuki or not. His problems will become mine if things go sideways. Besides, it's not like you're the one passing judgment since your leader will be the one to decide the outcome, bastard." She smirked at him.

Sanemi clenched his fists, his eyes glaring daggers at the (h/c)-ette, who yawned into her hand, ignoring the stunned gazes of the other Hashira's. "Why you—!"

"This poor girl. She has been brainwashed by this demon. It is only prudent to end their lives as quickly as possible." Gyomei said, tears streaming down his face.

(Y/n) laughed, waving her hand dismissively as she patted the spot beside her, "Sit with me, Kyojuro." The flame hashira stared at her for a moment, before sitting down.

It was silent between the two as they waited patiently for the meeting to start. It would have been peaceful if the Kakushi hadn't attempted to wake Tanjirō up.

After some shouting, the Kamado boy shot his eyes open, eyes in panic.

"Bummer. I heard he was a demon slayer with a demon in tow, so I was looking forward to seeing someone flamboyant, but that's one drab-looking kid, huh? At least the girl is decent and has some flamboyancy." Tengen complimented her clothing that had a slit to the side exposing her left leg from the thigh up.