Chapter 20

Zea's Pov

It felt like I had been in this cage. My clothes were dirty and a bit torn, from trying to get out. Then I hear the door open and immediately stand up. "Marcus?" Douglas walks in instead. I slump back down into hell. Then Marcus walks in carrying an unconscious Mr. Davenport.

Looks like I won't be alone for this. Douglas had left, and Marcus set up a cage next to mine, putting Mr. Davenport in it. "I understand why you brought me, but why him", I asked, my voice just below a whisper. He looked at me and sighed. "Our plan wasn't working so we had to resort to our back up plan." Of course. 

Suddenly, Mr. Davenport screamed. "Where the hell am I?" He looked around and stood up. "Zea?" He asked, pointing to me. I waved. Then Douglas walked in. "Hello Donny", he said standing next to the cage. "Hello, Dougie.", he said back. 

"I hate it when you call me Dougie!"

"I hate it when you call me Donny!" They glared at each other but kept yelling. 

"Donny!" 

"Dougie!" It was getting really annoying. They glared at each other. "Nice digs. I love what you and Frankenstein have done with the place." Douglas glared at him again. "Ha-ha. Maybe I'd have a nicer place if you wouldn't have kicked me out of Davenport Industries", Douglas said. 

" I kicked you out because you got all weird and turned into Dr. Evil. Or should I say Nurse Practitioner Evil, since you flunked out of med school." I knew that they weren't gonna stop so I slunk back to the ground. Mr. Davenport looked at me, and I shrugged. 

"I didn't flunk out. I was dismissed for screaming too loud when I saw the needles. And what you call evil, I call... taking the company in a more creative direction" 

"You were gonna use bionic humans as weapons." He's already technically doing it. Douglas kept looking at me and I don't know why. "And that's why I'm here... to finish what I started. To take back what's rightfully mine!" I rolled my eyes. Idiot.

"You are not going anywhere near Adam, Bree, and Chase." So that's their game. They want Adam, Bree, and Chase. If only they knew. "Oh, I'm not going to them." I looked up. Douglas chuckled darkly. 

"Once they find out you're here, they'll come to me." The computer beeped, and I stood up. The screen lit up and it showed the lab. "Well, look who's home. 4:00 sharp, right-on time." I put my hand to my mouth to stop myself from gasping. "No, you didn't", I said.

"You've been spying on us?" They couldn't have, thats crossing the line. "For months. And trust me, Eddy's not the only one who's revolted by your sweeping high kicks." He makes a disgusted noise.