I Meet A Drooling Boy

I lean down and saw a boy with black hair and sea-green eyes. My face was straight with an eyebrow raised.

"He's the one. He must be." I said.

Chiron, a centaur, said, "Silence, Annabeth," He lifted up his hand I shut my mouth. "He's still conscious. Bring him inside."

I nodded at Chiron. He walked away and I brought him inside a barn. I rushed outside and brought a bowl of ambrosia back. I took a spoon and shoved it into the boy's mouth. I kept feeding him the pudding until some dripped on his chin. I scraped it off with the spoon.

The boy stirred and opened his eyes a little. I looked at him and blurted, "What will happen at the summer solstice?"

He looked confused. "What?"

I whipped my head around, making sure no one hears me. "What's going on? What was stolen? We've only got a few weeks!" 

"I'm sorry," he mumbled, still confused. "I don't. . ."

Someone knocked on the door and I gasped. I quickly filled his mouth with the ambrosia.

                                                                     * * *

I leaned on the porch rail watching Chiron and Mr. D, the camp director, play pinochle on a worn out card table. The black -haired boy was walking toward us.

"That's Mr. D," Grover, one of our satyrs whispered, but I heard him clearly. "He's the camp director. Be polite. The girl, that's Annabeth Chase. She's a camper, but she's been here longer than just anybody. And you already know Chiron. . . ."

The boy points the Chiron. "Mr. Brunner!" He cried out.

Chiron turned around and grinned. "Ah, good, Percy," he said. Percy. That's his name. "Now we have four for pinochle."

He offered Percy a chair next to Mr. D, which is a bad idea. "Oh, suppose I must say it," he whined. "Welcome to Camp Half-Blood. There. Now, don't except me to be glad to see you." Mr. D spat. 

Percy gulped. "Um, thanks." he scooted away a little from Mr. D.

"Annabeth?" Chiron called out to me.

I came forward and nodded. "This young lady nursed you back to health, Percy. Annabeth, my dear, why don't you check on Percy's bunk? We'll be putting him in cabin eleven for now."

 "Sure, Chiron." I said.

I was about to break into a run when I spotted a shoe box with the Minotaur's horn in Percy's hands. I glanced at him and the box. I sigh and said, "You drool when you sleep."

Then I sprinted off to cabin eleven. I met Luke at the front. "There is gonna be a new camper in your cabin." I said.

"Oh, really?" Luke said, surprised about the new guest that's entering. "Thanks for telling me!"

"No prob," I said. "And he drools." I gagged.

Luke laughed. "No worries." He turned to his cabinmates and yelled, "Fix up a bed for a new cabin boy!"

"I'm gonna wait outside for this boy." I said.

Luke nodded, at went back to his duties. I was standing there annoyed at this Percy. "Oh, look," Chiron said to Percy. "Annabeth is waiting for us."