Chapter 5:Final Trial

When Terry woke up it was morning and it was quiet. He got up got dressed and went down stairs the only person there was David. He was drinking coffee. He looked at me and said " Good morning Terry. Did you sleep well?" He asked.

I nodded to him. He pointed at a cup of coffee, I grabbed it and began to drink, it was the best cup of coffee he had ever tasted.
"Terry I've been wondering about how you have wolf blood in you. I finally know how." He said. Terry looked up at him and said "How do you know."

David then got up and walked to a book shelf and pulled out a old looking book.
"This book belonged to my great grandfather he said." He said.
He opened it and pointed at a picture of two men. He pointed to the one on the left and said "thats my great grandfather." Then he pointed to a dark skin man and said "This man on his right was his friend a member of the pack. He looks alot like you." Terry looked closly he was right he did. "Who was he?" asked Terry.
"His name Emarruka. He was alpha of this pack when my great grandfather died. Your great grandfather died defending this pack." said David.
Terry looked back at the picture. He looked confused and turned to David and said "But my dad nor my grandfather are werewolves."
David thought for a second and finally said "That means they didnt inherite the wolf spirit from your great grandfather."
Understanding was beginning to dawn on his face.
"Ohhh that reminds me i have something for you." said David as he got up a picked up a keys of a rack and gave them to Terry here is your house key. Terry took the keys and said surprised "I have a house."
"Every member does but this is the place where you come to eat and where we meet. This is our great hall pretty much." Said David.
"Ok thanks" said Terry
"Another thing be sure before your transform that you take off your clothes except your underwear." Said David
"Thanks for the tip" said Terry

A few hours later the rest of the pack showed up everyone eating and relaxing. After breakfast David gave an announcement that the fight will be after lunch. So after Terry was done eating breakfast he went out took all his clothes off except for his underwear of course and put them on the porch and changed into a wolf. Terry was use to it now he didnt even need to be angry anymore. So Terry started to jog. Jogging no where in particular just jogging. He got father away from the great hall and the rest of the pack. He stopped to look at his surroundings then saw a mountain. Terry wanted to see how good he could climb now. So he started towards the mountain it wasn't a long trip it was pretty short actually. When he made it he climbed to the sumit.
When he got to their he sat there and enjoyed the wind flowing through his fur, then he caught a familiar sent he smell the air it belonged to July. She was looking for him. Terry let out a calling howl to her. He was answered in a second. A few minutes later July was on the sumit with him. She sat down right beside him and said "This is beautiful Terry."
"Yea it is." He said quietly. Both of them laying down now. There heads resting close to each other. Then all of a sudden July licks Terry on his cheek. Terry looked at her in surprise and then he licked her back. He could tell she was smiling even in wolf form.
"Are you nervous Terry about the fight and all?" She asks.
"Well yea this is the alpha im about to fight." He says nervously.
"I know you can do it Terry." She said incouragely.
"Thanks." He said with a hint of happiness in his voice. "We should be getting back. Its almost lunch." He said
"Ok." she said.
They both dashed down the mountain together. Terry making sure not to run full speed because he knew he had fight the alpha and he didnt want to tire himself out. They reached the great hall right when they were calling for lunch. Terry, Koby, July, Kate, Josh, and surprisingly Chris sat together. Now that Kate and Josh were human Terry could see thta Kate was very beautiful, she a blond hair and brown eyes, with a good personality and a kind soul. Josh was shorter then Koby. He was tanned, he had black hair and hazel eyes. Chris had browm hair with green eyes and a scary on his cheek. He was taller then Kody though.
After lunch they cleaned up and David sent everyone outside.
"Today we have a wolf among us that has proven himself worthy to be in our pack. Today is the day I decide his rank." Said David. "Terry step forward."
Terry stepped forward he and David were only a few feat away.
"We will begin when your ready." Says David.
David transformed he was a snow white wolf he look like he could be a spirit. Terry also transformed, David was bigger than Terry and more muscled.
They both circled each other then David walked towards him slowly. Terry felt himself getting lower and lower to the ground. David was trying to contre Terry. Telling him to "bow." He was right above Terry now making him go lower and lower to the ground. Then Terry found the will to stand up. With all his might he he pushed up. He was now standing up straight. Then Terry charged the alpha, but David saw this comeing and was able to defend himself. They made contact Terry and David both snarling and biting at each other each landing devastating bites on each other. David then gained the upper hand and grabbed Terry by his left foreleg and lifted him in the air and threw him into a tree. Terry yelped in pain before he could get up the alpha was upon him be he did not attack. He was growling he said "Stay down." Terry was growling back, but he admitted defeat and stopped. The alpha let him get up. Terry said "You win. I yield."
The alpha shook his head and changed back into a human, Terry did the same.
"You fought well Terry, no one has every came that close to beating me. I have made my decision before we fought. Terry your rank is alpha."
Terry looked up at David in joy and he embraced him saying "Thank you David."
David surprised by the sudden embrace. Embraced back, then they let go.
David smiled at him "This boy has a heart and soul of a wolf." he thought to himself.
"Now Terry you must take an oath if you want to be a full member."David said. Terry nodded his understanding.
David began: "Do you swear to protect the pack?" He asked
"I do. With my life" Terry said
"Do you swear to uphold everything we stand for." David asked.
"I do." Terry said
"Do you swear never to reveal your wolf unless necessary" David asked
"I do." Said Terry
"Do you swear to defend your brothers and sisters of the pack." David asked
"I do. With heart and soul." Terry said.
"Then welcometo the pack brother" David said.
Everyone began to cheer and surround Terry, hitting his shoulder, cheering for him and acknowledging him as one of there own. July came over to reached up and kissed him on the cheek and said "I knew you could do it."
Terry looking more surprised then every said "Thank you."
After that they had a party they sung songs, they danced, and they ate. Terry barely got up and dance so they July forced him up. David was singing with his mate Ashley. They were beatiful together. After the party was over everyone started to head back to there cabins. Terry on his way to his stopped at the door and looked up. It was a beautiful night in Oregon. Terry thought to himself "I finally found a place where I feel i truly belong."