• Chapter 11 •

------------------------------------------------------------------
It had been officially a month since Y/N's little brother, Griffin Stagg had been announced missing. It's said they found his bike and black balloons at the scene. The new kidnapping had made the town's guard go up by a lot, People made sure to check that their doors and windows were locked especially if they had children. They made sure that their kids had someone to walk with heading to school and back, so they weren't alone. It's funny, how someone, nearly nobody knows or cares about, goes missing and now everybody is talking about them as if they actually ever cared. What bothered Y/N the most was how they talked, their stupid conspiracies. Griffin's disappearance hit the family hard. Y/N's distraught mother had taken extra hours for work and would barely let Y/N leave the house, She began to obsess about trying to forget about what happened, doing the most to ignore the situation despite only leaving the house and hearing the neighbors gossiping and giving weird-pity stares. Y/N on the other hand, wanted to find her brother. She thought of all the places he could've went and the people who could've taken him.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/N ached as she lifted her head up from her pillow which felt like a literal brick. She felt a strange excited feeling that she could finally go back to school and socialize for the first time in weeks. She was also scared, it would be the first time not walking to school with Griffin, and how people would act, doing a very bad job whispering in the hallways, the looks, the questions, Y/N couldn't bring into words how she felt not being able to see her little brother and she feared her friends, Finney, Gwen and Robin would act different now, she didn't need pity, she needed someone to be there, to comfort and listen to her.

Grudgingly Y/N got up out of bed, the cold air sending slight shivers and goosebumps onto her. She got dressed and brushed her hair, packed her bag and went downstairs.
She felt the urge to go and check that Griffin wasn't just laying in bed, fast asleep but she resisted no matter how much she wished he was, and went to get some breakfast. She couldn't bother to make anything and if she did she'd end up late to school so she just took a biscuit from the cupboard, her mother wasn't home so Y/N just guessed she was working.

She started the walk to school, tightly clutching her backpack straps, it gave a slight comfort to take her mind off her surroundings. When she got to the school building she saw Finney, but no Gwen. She got over that slight fear at the back of her head that Finney was going to be just like everyone else and treat her like she's a tragedy. She slowly made her way through a crowd going into the school, When Finney noticed her and gave an optimistic smile as well as a quick gesture motioning her to come over which she gladly did.

"Hey!" He brightly spoke

"Hey, Finney." Y/N nodded, walking next to him awkwardly.

"Welcome back,"

"Thanks!"

"School is definitely the place you want to be"

That made Y/N laugh, it wasn't really funny, more sarcastic but it made Y/N feel better knowing that Finney is still the same.

"What class do you have first?" Finney asked since they were walking the same way

"Chemistry."  She said, rubbing her brow in dread of the boredom which will ensue.

"Hmph, I have geography,"

"Well, I'll see ya?" Y/N reached the lab as Finney nodded, continuing down the hall.

Taking a breath, Y/N opened the classroom door and went in, eyes not moving up from the floor. Apart from when she eyed the desk in the corner, it was empty. Phew.

She hurriedly walked past all the students who stared at her, not in a good way. One she reached the desk she slumped down, head hung low.

The teacher still wasn't in the classroom yet so she pulled out some sticky notes aswell as a pen, trying to take her mind off certain things she overheard from her classmates.
------------------------------------------------------------------

After scribbling for what seemed like forever the teacher entered, immediately lecturing some kids for 'talking too loud' when he just got here. God she hated this teacher.

How is she gonna survive her first day back.

About ten minutes had passed through the lesson when the classroom door opened, her favourite long haired boy walking in, holding something up to his knuckles. She couldn't hide the smirk on her face as his eyes which were scanning the classroom met hers, He didn't even look at the teacher who was arguing about being late, just nodded and went to sit down. At the back. Next to her.

It didn't take long before the teacher scoffed at his lack of attention and went back to the 'teaching'.

She couldn't help but turn her head towards Robin, he took one of her sticky notes and used her pen to write a simple;

Hey

His writing was a little sloppy and she tried her hardest not to laugh at his reaction he had when he saw he had unintentionally smudged it.

She wrote back a greeting a bit confused on why he was writing notes.

Diner?

She smiled at the invitation, maybe her life could go back to normal.

She responded, sliding it back when it accidentally went flying off the table, this little mishap seemed like the funniest thing to them because before you know it, the two kids were snorting at the back of the classroom with laughter, trying to block it with their palms over their mouth but ultimately failing.

The teacher glared as he watched this play out, he had enough and ordered them to go to detention after the school day was out.

It was a bummer, but atleast they could get through it together.

------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N
published this on my deathbed lmao

i finally uploaded an actual chapter woohoo🎉  a little short because i really don't have many ideas for this but ill try my best to continue 😋