“Whatever happened to doing things in moderation…” Celeste murmured, glancing up at the statue. Angels were just as severe with their laws and carried them out just as ruthlessly. She had gotten off lightly in the end, most likely because of her social status.

“Puttin' that aside… Who are you?” Grim inquired, staring up at the fluffy-haired boy.

“Name's Ace. I'm a first-year student here. Pleased to meetcha!” Ace responded with a smirk.

“I'm Grim! I'm a prodigy who's plannin' to be the greatest mage who ever lived!” Grim declared puffing out his chest.

“I am Celeste… Just Celeste.” Celeste spoke in a slightly subdued tone.

“Celeste? Huh. Name's got an odd ring to it.” Ace contemplated her curiously for a moment before Grim started talking again.

“Hey, what about the lion with the scar?” He said, waving his paw at the lion statue.

“That's the king of beasts who ruled the Savanna. But he wasn't born into the throne – he had to earn it through hard work and elaborate schemes. When he became king, he decreed the hyenas would be pariahs no more and should live among his subjects as equals.”

“Sounds like a great guy!” Grim said, as Celeste felt a mixture of emotions stir through her. How had that gone over with the king's subjects? Could angels and mortals one day come to an understanding like that? Most mortals were unaware that angels even existed, seeing them as legends. While the angels saw mortals as nothing more than insects crawling on the ground.

Grim moved on to the next statue. “Who's the lady with the octopus legs?”

“That's the sea witch. She basically devoted her life to helping troubled merfolk. They say she was so good, there was no wish she couldn't grant. They also said the price was steep, but of course, it was. I mean, she was granting wishes!”

“Wishes…” Celeste murmured, remembering back in the old days it was angels that had granted wishes.

“Do the guy with the hat next!” Grim appeared to enjoy learning about the statues.

“That's the sorcerer of the sands. He was an advisor to a sultan. He exposed a swindler who was trying to trick the princess! After that, he got a magic lamp and became the greatest sorcerer in the world. They say he used the power to become sultan himself!”

“What about this pretty lady?” Grim hopped over to the next statue of a tall woman in a flowing dress and a crown.

“She was a queen who was the fairest in the land. She used a magic mirror every day to check. If her position was threatened, she'd do anything to keep it. She was also a master at making poisons!”

“Geez. She's pretty, but that sounds kinda scary.” Grim stepped back, seeming surprised that someone so beautiful could be so cruel.

“All that over looks? Isn't it rather foolish to pine for your reflection?” Celeste shook her head in disapproval.

“You're one to talk. You don't have anything to worry about in the looks department.” Ace said, peeping under her hood. She drew back and tugged her hood down as she abruptly turned her head away.

“That guy there, the one with the flaming head, now THAT guy's scary!” Grim said, ignoring their exchange.

Celeste gasped when she recognized the next sculpture. “That's Hades, king of the underworld.” She answered, stepping up to the figure.

“Oh, so you've heard of him? He may look scary, but he worked tirelessly at a tough job he never asked for. I mean, this guy was ordering Cerberus, Hydra, and the Titans into battle for him.”