Chapter 8

____________________________

Today, I was just here in our internship office as we finish our report for the week. But I was already finished so I was just looking at my phone while sitting on my own office chair.

My smile is still visible through my face. Heck, I might get caught with this cheeky smile on my face by my colleagues. I didn't care and I still kept smiling over that moment Leo finally knew I love her.

"Wow, si Madam Chief Reese, pangiti ngiti nalang dyan," Of course, just as I expected, Niko caught me off guard. "So, who's the person behind the smile?" 

Should I tell him? I mean, Niko's my trusted friend naman eh..

I rotated my chair to look at the side where he is leaning against the wooden separator, "Kapag sinabi ko ba sa'yo, you're not going to tell anybody? Not even our friends?"

"Oo naman! Sino ba?" his response.

"Remember the woman na nagbibigay palagi ng speech every rally? The Chairperson from LFS?"  

At his immediate response, his eyes widened from what he has heard, "Siya?! Totoo?" 

I giggled, "Oo. She's really pretty, and brainy. Future Lawyer yun 'wag ka nga. May sense of humor din, which is understandable dahil Iska yun." 

"So kayo na or..? Crush mo lang?" 

"Crush," I leaned my back towards the back rest of the seat with my arms crossed, "But she knows naman na mahal ko siya." 

His lips pressed towards each other as it pushes upwards, looking at me silly, "Wow, sa Aktibista at Future Lawyer pa talaga na in love ang Chief namin. Balitaan mo nalang ako kapag naging kayo na ah? Bagay naman kayo." 

I let out another giggle as I nod after, "Oo. I'll tell you nalang. And I want you to meet her soon din." 

"Bet! Sige na Chief, may tatapusin pa ako. Just saw you lang kasi na ngiti ngiti dyan kaya you know," Niko giggled, "I have to check kasi mukhang in love na ang Chief and I was right." 

As I did my last giggle, Niko walked away to return to his own office desk. While I let out a little sigh with a smile still on my face, now all I have in my mind is her only. Nothing else, nothing more.

____________________________

This time, I took Leo to Ateneo.

We were just walking around University Road and then we ended up walking through Lover's Lane. Internships for this day has just ended and thought of bringing Leo here so I can show her around and stroll.

And since she's just one text message away, I didn't hesitate to do so. And now, we're here, like our strings are connected with one another as we stood by each other while we take our steps through the path.

"Ngayon lang ulit ako napunta rito sa Ateneo. Nung last na punta ko ay dahil lang nagpa meeting yung Chairperson ng Panday Sining na Katipunan ang branch."

"Oh. Panday Sining?" I asked. I am still a bit clueless about what the different Organizations are.

"Oo. Mga Artista ng Bayan. Sila ang mga gumagawa talaga ng mga effigy na makikita mong sinusunog sa kalsada." her response.

"I see.. Uhm, Leo?" I called her with her name.

She looked at me, with that anomalous eyes she always have, "Ano yun, Reese?" 

"Do you think.. I should join an Org also?," I gulped before proceeding, "Your influence has a lot on impact on me so much that I want to join as well. But, what Org though? Wala akong alam masyado sa mga Orgs eh." 

In your smile that appeared, I knew hearing that from me made you excited, "Uy pwede! May Anakbayan, Panday Sining, Student Christian Movement, LFS. Basta kung ano sa tingin mo saan ka pwede, pare pareho lang naman ng mga pinaglalaban."

"At para kasama na rin kita sa kalsada, sabay tayong isisigaw ang mga pinaglalaban natin." she added.

Visualizing the scenario of voicing out what needs to be done by the government with her beside me on the streets? Now that's something I call a romantic hangout also— but with significance. 

But.. I am still kind of scared, maybe not this time. 

"Kaso, medyo takot pa ako. Saka nalang muna. Hehe." I scratched the back of my neck after with a little smile.

"Ayos lang ano ba! No rush. Basta kapag handa ka na, sumali ka lang. Samahan kita. Andito lang naman ako palagi." 

I nodded with a smile, "Also," I released a breathe before continuing, "Can I hold your hand?" I asked the impossible.

She looked at me once more, "Walang problema sa akin." and also lending her hand to me. 

I looked at her hand that is now requesting for mine, I can't help but to blush and smile from side to side, so I didn't hesitate to hold her hand. 

At that moment, I felt like my veins from my hand electrocuted that travelled to my spine. It was a sensational feeling that I felt once more as our hands lock with each other. 

"Thank you. I love you." I told her, even if I already know she will not answer back yet.

"Walang anuman, pangga." 

Pangga? What does that mean? But it's kind of familiar.. Wait..

Oh. 

Oh..

____________________________