39. Found Home

Oh my God ! Did it just happen ?! 

Yes absolutely ! 

We hit 3k reads !!! 

And I have no one else to thank except YOU guys who gave this story and Kabir and Aarohi, so much love ! I love you to the moon and back my muffins. Thankyou for making this happen. Keep supporting and loving me. And I'll keep gifting you guys with infinite surprises. 

(PS : The above mentioned song is for this chapter, and also for the entire story of Kabir and Aarohi till now. So if you guys want to get into the feels, so listen to it. Tum Mile- Reprised Version) 

************************************

I dropped the last bag on the floor of the flat, and turned around when I heard the similar thud of a bag being kept down from behind me. 

My tired shoulders suddenly felt extra light when my eyes fell upon the person who has turned every nightmare of mine into a gorgeous dream. 

Kabir straightened, his eyes roaming around the small space of the flat I had rented, before they stopped on my face focusing. 

"What do you think ?" he asked looking a bit unsure of himself. 

I think he's the most beautiful man I've ever seen, inside and out. 

But I didn't tell him that of course. I'm sure he himself is tired of hearing my love for him all the time. I'm also a little bit insecure that he'll get bored of it, if he hears me saying how much I love him every other minute. 

So yeah, I didn't tell him all of that, but I also didn't look around the place to answer him. 

Instead, I walked towards him, and standing on my tippy toes, placed a kiss on his lips. 

"I missed you" I whispered against his lips, and he closed his eyes letting out a sigh. 

And I have really really and really missed him. The last three months away from him felt like hell.

 Yep. We had decided to do long distance for the three months. And what were three months in the grand scheme of life ? Nothing. But I hadn't realized how much I was used to being Kabir with me all the time, sharing the same space, that the days away from him dragged minute by minute. 

After Latika's wedding, which has passed by without any more drama and lots of fun, it had finally hit, how empty everything felt. Not only with Kabir, but the house in general. Because before the wedding everyone was so caught up in the preparations it was a little tough to fall back into the normal routine. And then, two weeks after that, Kabir also had to return to Bangalore. I had stayed with uncle and aunty for those three months, to prepare for my finals. And the preparation with the going on exams didn't give me enough time to even talk with Kabir on phone calls, or video chats. 

My anxiety had reached it's peak in those three months with the academic pressure, worries regarding placements, and then my overthinking over Kabir and me growing distant. But the overthinking part was vanished when he visited once a month on a weekend. 

Uncle and aunty were literally so happy, that they thanked me, and asked me stay with them forever since I made Kabir visit Delhi more often. With the way Kabir grumbled at that, made me laugh out loud. 

During those three months, a lot had happened. The biggest surprise of all being, me finally deciding to pay a visit to my father in jail. I was anxious as hell about that too, but when I finally saw him, I didn't feel anger, or resentment or pain. What I felt was what you'd expect a daughter to feel for her father, when she sees him paying for his old deeds.