San Diego pt. 2

^first part of this is loosely based off this scene in tsitp

"Where are you two going?" I pause when I hear someone ask me something. I turn around, my towel whipping behind me. We see Laura with a grin on her face and her hands on her hips.

"The beach. But don't tell the others, if they ask where we are tell them we're taking a nap." Chris whispers to Laura. She shakes her head and laughs. She waves her hand, signaling for us to go.

Chris grabs my hand and we tip toe out the back of the house which leads right onto the beach. Once we're on the deck I give Chris a look and he starts to disagree right away. "Race you to the water!" I yell and bolt off as fast as I can.

I drop my towel in the sand and look behind me quickly to see where Chris is. He's maybe a few seconds away from me, shouting that I'm a cheater. I turn my head back to the ocean and start running faster. The sand kicks up behind me and the wind whips in my hair. Right before I reach the water Chris's arms wrap around my waist and he lifts me off the ground. I squeal as he puts an arm under my knees and start to carry me bridal style into the ocean. I wrap an arm around his shoulder, knowing he's going to drop me right in the ocean.

Once we get to where the water is just below Chris's chest he pauses. I can see the water spilling into my lap and hear the distant sound of kids playing. "Chris-" I say but cut myself off with giggles.

"Oh no n/n, I think my hands are slipping." He feigns a worried look and acts like he's going to drop me. I squeal and hold onto his shoulder tighter.

"No, Chris." I say through giggles. He smiles down at me fondly. The ocean makes his eyes even more blue and his hair is a bit messy due to the wind but it's still super pretty. I can see the tiny freckles on his nose and cheeks and the small dusting of sunburn he got yesterday. He reads my mind and leans down and gives me a very soft kiss. I sigh happily into the kiss.

Suddenly I'm submerged in the water and tasting salt. I find the ocean floor and kick up back to surface. I sputter and wipe the water from my face. I open my eyes to see Chris bent over with laughter. I glare at him and shove him over into the water. He comes back up a few seconds later with his hair wet and water dripping down his face and neck.

He laughs when he sees my face and walks over to me and put his hands on my waist. "I'm sorry. I had to, it was just too funny." He laughs again and I start to crack a smile too, picturing how I probably looked.

He pulls me closer and kisses my cheek then my neck softly. I wrap my arms around his neck and allow myself to smile widely.

-time skip-

       "Nick texted me. We've been found out." Chris tells me and hold his phone up to my face. I pull my sunglasses slightly off my face and read the texts.