Chapter 8

"Alex?" I felt a hand on my shoulder. I slowly opened my eyes, I was in my room. I felt my body start to heat up again, I was covered in a sheen of cold sweat and gripping my pillow so hard that my hand was turning white.

"Cooper" I said his name but it was raspy. He was sitting behind me in his sweat pants and t-shirt.

"are you okay?" he kept his hand still on my my shoulder. I turned to face him. His hair was in a mess but it was cute and he looked worried. I knew I was having another nightmare and I must have woke him up, I felt guilty about it.

"wow" thats was all I could say before the shaking came back. I sat up and leaned my head on Cooper's shoulder, he remained still just being there to comfort me with whatever demons I was hiding.

"It's okay" He cooed and set his hand on mine. I sighed and snuggled my head closer to his neck.

"Are you okay, I heard you from my room. You weren't screaming but you sounded like you couldn't breathe" Cooper's thumb made circles on top of my hand while he spoke.

"I think so, it was just a very bad nightmare. I've had them recently" I sucked in a breath as i tried to breathe even again.

"Want to tell me about it?" he was looking at me but I didn't look up, I stared straight ahead.

"I..I'm outside of a house and I don't recognize the house. I try to get in but every entrance is locked. Then.....men come. Their coming for me......with guns. They chase me through woods and past other houses. Then......then they catch me and I remember the lead man pulling me to a van, he keeps telling me that Will is waiting but I black out before I actually get in the van" I shivered. I knew the nightmare was based out of William and his threats, as much as I wanted to say he wasn't getting to me I couldn't say it wasn't true. 

"I would never let anyone touch you" Cooper's hand grabbed mine and our fingers intertwined. I lifted my head up and looked at his ice blue eyes, they were piercing even in the minimal moonlight. The tension between us was intense, me so vulnerable and open and him sitting there keeping my pieces together. I leaned up and almost closed my eyes. Our faces got closer and the gap between our lips closed. He kissed me softly as if i was going to break apart beside him. I ran my hand through his hair and pulled him closer. He put his hands around my waist and held me. Although this wasn't my first kiss, this was the kiss I'll remember forever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Good morning" I whispered to Cooper. He opened his eyes and looked at me.

"Good morning" he was slightly surprised to find me in his room, after he left my room last night I was thinking about him so when I woke up I went to wake him up. Cooper got up and walked to the door. I walked to my room grabbed my clothes, took a shower, and changed.

"What are we going to do today since i'm off?" Cooper leaned in my doorway. I looked at him different now, he was handsome and I honestly just wanted to make moments like we had last night over and over again.

"I'm not sure" I put my finger to my chin and smiled.

"How about we take a walk around the lake" Cooper suggested.

"Okay, i'll wear my new converse in that case" I smiled and walked to my closet.

"Don't take too long" Cooper said as he walked to his room. If running away is like this, I should have done it years ago. I shuffled around my bag that I had packed from home, I grabbed my toothbrush and hairbrush. Then a picture fell out, I looked at it carefully. It was last year, on my mothers birthday. Dad and I were sitting together in the white cinderella wagon, waiting for mom. I had my favorite crown on and dad was hugging me close. I resembled my dad a lot in this picture. I miss my dad and my mom, but why did i have to be a princess and not a normal girl, it's fair to say I was trained to be a princess and although I am good at being a princess doesn't mean I enjoy it. Life as I know it is a "fantasy" people either want to be you or want to kill you. It's glamorous and and yet boring at the same time.

"You ready?" I heard Cooper behind me. I stuffed the photo back in my bag.

"A few more minutes" I smiled and rushed to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and hair quickly and came out to Cooper, he was wearing some gray and black plaid shorts and a gray t-shirt. I couldn't stop looking at his muscles, he wasn't buff but just right. He obviously didn't have a six pack but he wasn't fat. He grabbed my hand and pulled me to the door. I just followed to the car and we drove away. After a semi long drive he stopped in a parking lot over looking a huge lake. We got out and started down a trail.

"Are you okay after last night?" Cooper didn't look at me and kept his gaze at the ground.

"Yeah it was just a nightmare, but thank you" I looked ahead of us. But we were surrounded by trees and bushes.

"Thank you for what?" I felt Cooper look at me.

"For being there" I gave him a weak smile and continued looking at the trail ahead of us.

"Well, I was worried about you" He smiled at me.

"Thanks but you don't have to be worried I can keep to myself" I felt my legs want to walk faster but my brain made them stay at the same pace. There was a silence after that, but then we both heard someone calling behind us.

"Max!" Cooper laughed as Max jogged up to us.

"Hey" He smiled at me.

"Um what are you doing here?"Cooper glared at Max .But Max didn't take his eyes off of me.

"Hey Max" I smiled cheerfully.

"I'm here because I always take morning runs on the weekends and I saw your car" Max finally took a chance to glance at Cooper who was set in a scowl.

"I must have forgot about that" Cooper mumbled.

"How are you..." He gestured for me to give my name.

"Alex, and i'm just fine" I faked a smile.

"Nice name" Max smiled just as Coopers phone rang from his pocket. I watched Cooper mumble a hello into the phone, then look completely surprised and scared. He told the phone that he'd be there in a bit.

"Max, can you take Alex back to my house, I have to be somewhere right now!?" Cooper was glaring at Max again.

"Yeah sure" Max smiled and slapped Coopers shoulder. Cooper ran back down the trail.

"I guess it's just you and me beautiful" Max smiled, but I felt he had plans that I wanted no part of.

"Guess so" I started jogging just like he had been and hoped that he couldn't keep up. I heard Max laugh and jog up to me. We jogged for about 20 minutes and then we got close to the end of the trail. I was huffing a little but Max had stopped behind me. I looked back at him and frowned he was smiling really big. I stopped jogging and walked instead but i didn't get very far before Max grabbed arm and turned me around, our faces were almost touching and i bit my lip, I didn't want anything to do with Max.

"Please" Max whispered, then it struck me. Max was asking permission to kiss me? I pushed on his chest and he still looked down at me, I don't know what he expected to see but I just wanted to go back home. 

"Not interested anymore?" He still had a cocky look on his face as I got out of his arms.

"I don't need more trouble in my life"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Book of today: I Never Meant To Start A War

by: XScarlettMoonlightX

~