Chapter 2

I wandered into a backyard, I think. It had a trampoline and had different arrangements of flowers. I looked around and started heading back out but I couldn't see where I was going and soon found myself surrounded by fence and unable to find the gate I had walked in because of all the flowers and overgrowth.

"Who's there?" A mans voice echoed. I stopped, just hoping they couldn't see me. I was half in a bush but he would be able to see my white dress if he walked around some. I stayed as still as i could but I started losing balance and stepped on a stick and of course, it made a loud crack.

"Shit" I whispered.

"Where are you?!" Oh no I hear him walking around.

"What the hell!!" Yep he found me, I turned around and faced a dark form. My fight or flight mode was kicking in and I was still unsure if I was going to run or fight.

"Did you rob me!?"

"Shhhhhhhh" I put my finger to my lips.

"What are you in my backyard at 1 in the morning!?" he shoved the flashlight towards my face make me squint.

"I'm lost okay" I harshly whispered "I was just trying to get out of your yard and into the city"

"Who are you?" I frowned, I couldn't use my real name just in case someone actually came looking for me.

"An 18 year old girl, okay" I held my shoulders, the wind was colder over here. I felt my body shiver a few times and my teeth began to softly chatter.

"Your cold" the guy said.

"W-w-well it's kind of chilly but i'd be fine if you would let me be on my way" Wow I must be really cold.

"do you want to come inside" follow a stranger inside his house? It sounded like a dumb idea but I didn't have any great ideas for when I made it into the city. I followed him inside his house and sat down on a bar stool in his kitchen. I looked around, the kitchen was nice and clean with granite counter tops and white cabinets. After he turned on the light, I looked at the guy. He was good looking but not like most men. He had messy brown hair that was short and had ice blue eyes that I envied. His face was chubby, which made him look kind of funny but in a way that made you smile and admire him more.

"Here" he handed my a cup that was plastic. It had a steaming liquid in it which was dark.

"What's this" I asked.

"Hot chocolate" he made a cup for himself.

"In a plastic cup?" I looked at the cup questionably.

"Yeah why? are you allergic to plastic?" he looked at me funny.

"Umm no" i took a sip and it tasted good, like tea almost but chocolatier.

"Whats your name?" he looked me over again and again. I had to think of a name quick!

"Uh Alex" Yeah that sounds good.

"Okay why were you lost?"

"Um well, I ran away" Maybe I should have lied on that one but he didn't seem like the kind of guy that would go out of his way to bring me back home.

"Why?"

"I needed a break from the life I was living"  i said.

"Oh"

"And whats your name, Mr. 20 questions?" I looked him over.

"Cooper" he chuckled.

"Okay, I guess I better go but thanks Cooper" I got off of the chair and looked around. How did i get in here again.

"Where are you going to go?" I felt him staring at my back, watching for my next move.

"Umm well, I think i have enough money for a cheap motel room" I had money, not american money but i'm sure I could get it exchanged.

"Wait! Would you like to stay with me? My roommate moved out last month so theres an empty room if you want to stay in it" Cooper exclaimed.