1

I was late. For the first time in all of highschool, because a stupid guy decided it was fun to put dish soap all over the hallway, and no way in hell would I go to class with a blue stain on my pants.

I ran to class hoping to make it before Mr.Beck went over anything important. Finals were only a couple months away, I would not miss anything right now. Perfect attendance my behind, hows that supposed to happen with the dumbs in this school?

When I finally reached the door I was panting, so I took a minute. Respect is a vital part of the world, and if I walk into class with panting breathes it would seem like I was geeky try hard.

And I wasnt.

Really.

I stood against the wall as voices filtered in through the walls. Jacob was in this class with me. Jacob was Jacob. Hes the only person I'd call my bestfriend, ever. Jacob didnt judge me for wanting good marks or doing really well. He didnt think I was a try-hard. Jacob was my rock, he stood by me if anyone said something rude to me. He was an angel. Jacob was my Jacob.

Or going to be.

Even if he tangoed with other girls. I have known Jacob since he first came to our class in Grade 5. Back then he was a nerdy kid with twigs for arms. And I fell for him, hard. But through the years Jacob grew, in those places. He joined the gym, got into sports and stopped paying attention to studies. He was quickly welcomed by the plastic squad.

Thats what I call the popular kids. They weren't anything more that fake anyways.

That's not Jacob though.

He changed but thats not him. It's not.

As the voices from the walls and door crack filtered in I heard Jacob talk to some of the plastics. They were talking about someone who was apparently a teachers pet. That couldnt be me, I knew the answer almost always, but I had a specific ratio of the amount of times I answered and didnt.

I peeked through the window and noticed Jacob sitting with Ashley, Chase, and Brent. Yes, they were just as basic as their names. Except Jacob.

Chase was a donkey in simplest terms. Money is probably the only reason he got into the IB program, and money is the only reason he'll pass. Chase will fill any girls doughnut who, well, has one. Hes gone through more percent of the population than covid did.

Ashley is the basic mean girl, blonde, perky chest, and smart. Well the smarts questionable, since last year the rumor that she did it with our teacher went around as wildfire. But Jenna, the girl who saw Mr.Beck with Ashely was somehow found cheating and was gone the next day. No one looked into it after that.

Brent is a typical jock, no brain, no game, and no meow. You know?

I tuned into their conversation, curiosity taking the best of me.

Chase was talking as I tuned in."Bruh, shes so annoying even I wouldn't put my dick in her" he laughed. That was weird. Chase had once even been found  under the bleachers with Arney, the girl with glasses to big on her face, Arney seemed like she still shopped at the childrens place. And not because she didnt have the money to go anywhere else, but because it was her style.

Ashley immatited who they were talking about, deepening her voice slightly but keeping it feminine a little like mine, and said "Mr.Beck, the answers actually 3, rationally speaking of course"

I didnt think Ashely even knew what rational in this context ment, but then Jacob laughed. His deep voice making the chuckle seem more handsome than cute. But his words were far from handsome. "Laylas like that, shes smart though"

Jacob was listening to this? He was listening to this and agreeing?

For the first time I was happy Brent spoke. "Laylas got a damn hot body though, if it weren't for her hip dips. And Chase you'd fuck her for sure, that bitch has probably got such a tight pussy. Virgin shit and stuff"

They all laughed at that, and each small chuckle Jacob let out chipped my heart. His next words were ones I could never prepare for though. "She actually is, she once practically begged me to fuck her, but I'm more of a boobs guy"

The rejection stung. It burned it's way from my ears to my heart, the fire inside me wasnt fueling me right now, it was burning me to ashes.

I hadn't begged ever. I had a crush on Jacob, I could definitely agree to that. But beg?

I felt tears prick the sides of my eyes, and I turned around. "He does not decide your worth Layla, dont give them the satisfaction of being sad". My pep talk worked.

I walked into class with my head held high and apologized to the teacher for being late. I spent the rest of the class thinking of one thing.

Proving that I could no, was, hot enough to be wanted. No matter my personality.

A/n - Hi! I hope you guys like the story so far? Let me know what you think and if you're excited to see what happens!

Anyways, remember to vote!