Chapter Three <3

Isn't is funny how just when life is going good, you round a corner, and lightning strikes?

Emma runs up to me, jumping onto a table in her way, and landing on the other side.  By the time she get's to me, she's out of breath, trying to tell me something.

"And... She is..." she weazes, and coughs, bringing her shirt up to her face.

"What?" I ask, confused.  She glares at me, and I just shrug, raising my shoulders.

"Peyton is going to start a fight!" she grabs my wrist, and pulls me toward the center of the courtyard.  I stumble over a box, and glance back, wondering where it came from.

Then I see it.  Jazz shoves Peyton, sending her backing up a few steps, then Peyton hurls at her, her fist raised above Jazz's head.  Jazz catches Peyton's fist, just as it falls, and punches her in the stomach.  A crowd has gathered, and they are all cheering them on.  I push to the front of the crowd, watching as they beat each other up.

"What happened?" I ask a girl with pink stripes in her hair, standing next to me.

"You know Jazz, always looking for a fight, and who doesn't pick on the new kid?" She looks back at the two, Peyton chokes, and then regains her balance, stepping forward, into Jazz's territory.  Jazz smirks, and grasps onto Peyton's shirt, twisting it in her fingers, then tossing her to the floor like it was nothing.  Peyton clutches her neck, breathing heavily.

Emma comes and stands next to me. 

"We should do something." She says, grimacing as Peyton'snose begins to bleed.

"I know." I approach Jazz, Peyton still laying still on the ground.

"Leave her alone." I slowly meet her eyes, and they pierce through me.  I've never seen anyone so angry.

"Who's gonna make me? You?" she laughs, and a few of her friend's join in, chuckling.

"Actually, yeah."  I bite the inside of my lip, practically shaking.  

Jazz's fist meets my stomach, and I block it, throwing her hand down.  She immediately get's a surprised look on her face before she flips me onto my back, lightness turning black.