Chapter Two: Creatures That Lurk

"Are you coming Karlyn?" Elf asked as she flew around. I just nodded my head. My mother's name was Carmen so that's most likely why my mind is choosing that name. Elf, Queen, and Melly I'm not so sure on how my mind came up with those ones. As we walked through the fields I saw new things. I would see creatures such as more Pixies, Dragons, and even Unicorns. I always thought Unicorns were a horse, but this one had a body of a human. He had short silver hair that went straight down to his sharp jawline, elf ears, and of course a horn. He was also shirtless showing off tattoos of symbols I didn't understand. On top of all that his eyes were a dark honey color, that you could just stare into and just get lost. 

"Elf!" I heard the creature yell. Elf turned around to see the unicorn. Even in my mind I observed things, and noticed things before others did. I wanted to get used to my surroundings, not knowing how long I was going to be out for. We still were in the same pastel forest, with unfamiliar things to me. Everything seemed out of place, and strange. Like my whole reality just flipped, like an alternate universe. The skies were beautiful, they shone there beautiful pastel colors down on the land.

"Xama!" Elf yelled back wrapping her small arms around the Unicorn's neck. The creature got his finger to rub Elf's back before Elf broke off the embrace. "Where have you been?" Elf questioned once she let go of him.

"They are moving me up to a watcher!" Xama exclaimed with an excited voice, and Elf looked at him surprised. His voice was raspy and smooth, it had a dark undertone, and was low. 

"I thought Unicorns weren't aloud to be watchers. I thought they were deemed to be only commoners. I mean of course I'm proud of you and all just a bit confused as always." Elf replied. I just stood there confused on what was going on. What was a watcher, why wasn't unicorns aloud to be them? I just stared at them with a confused expression. I wasn't the only one though, her sisters were also staring, unsure on what was going on. 

"I thought the same thing, for some reason they let me pass which is oddly confusing. I think they are only doing it to show that they aren't discriminating against the unicorn creatures." Xama first spoke proudly, but as we went on you could hear the bitterness in his tone. 

Elf noticed our confused expressions, and finally told us what was going on, not going on with the conversation they were having previously. "Oh guys this is Xama, Xama you know about my sisters already and this is Karlyn." Xama had a surprised expression once Elf told him my name. "I'll explain later." Elf turned back to Xama to say. "Anyway this is my best friend." Elf smiled widely. sitting her small body on the unicorn. 

"A Unicorn really." Queen spoke in a bored tone, yet sounded really disgusted by that fact. Elf shot her a glare, but didn't say anything back to her. Queen rolled her eyes and keep flying forward. Elf gave Xama one more hug before she followed Queen, and Melly.

I turned to wave goodbye, but saw Xama has already left. I turned back around and ran to catch up with Elf. Once I was caught up I realized that Elf and her sister were arguing. I listened in to see what was going on.

"Mom would be ashamed of you if she knew you were 'friends' with a unicorn, you know you should have never even been around one." Queen scoffed. Disgust lingered in her voice as we went down an unknown path. I examined it, it was beautiful and was filled with mysterious things. I thought the forest was beautiful, but it was nothing compared to this. Different shape creatures roamed, different plants and flowers unknown to me where scattered around. As we went further into the path the pastel colors started to fade into a more dull kind of tone. 

"Don't you dare talk about mom, we promised we never would." Melly stock up for Elf. I didn't butt in, I don't really even know why I am still following, or why I am even going along with this. I did like an adventure to be fair, but this seemed too much even for me, the last time I went down an unknown path, well this happened. Who knows what else is going to happen to me.