Eighteen

Dacre's POV:

"Um Liliana's here," Nicole scoffed as he nudged my side.

There's no way she was going to randomly show up here after a week. But there she was...

I could feel my face go blank and all I could do was stare at her. I wasn't sure whether to be upset or giddy. She plastered a smile on her face that I could tell was a fraud. Everything about the way she moved screamed she was a bundle of nerves.

Nicole waited until she was close to the counter to scoff and roll her eyes. She walked away with attitude. I didn't like that, I'll address that later, but for now I have to address this. 

"Mr. Montgomery," she said greeting me.

Instantly my gut wrenched and I felt hot to the core. The resisudle anger from previous events still resided within me. 

"Liliana," I said sternly greeting her in return. "What're you doing here?" I asked her. 

"Oh ask Nanny, she was persistent I come." She sighed raising her hands at her sides with a small shrug.

I bit the inside of my cheek, that old bat never knew when to mind her business.

"Of course she did," I sighed in frustration.

I felt my eyes start to wander over her body. She picked out a sundress. Not one I had ever seen before. I wonder if Nick had gotten to see her in it. Maybe that's why she wore it, as a slap in the face. I felt my cheeks begin to grow hot. My eyes wandered farther to see her simple shoes. As I trailed back up I noticed she wasn't wearing a bra.

"Dacre," she said softly.

"What?" I seethed as I slammed my fist on the counter.

She quickly reached her hand out and placed it over my balled up fist. Her pupils dilated as her hand shook. She was scared. I jerked my hand away and quickly walked back to my office.

I heard her soft footsteps behind me. I reached up and ran my fingers through my hair. I could feel my hands shaking as the anger coursed through my veins thinking about her and Nick. I leaned against my desk  gripping the edge. I could feel my forearms twitching. I took a deep breath trying to keep my composure.

She swiftly walked in closing the door behind her. A small sigh left her lips which irritated me even more.

"After leaving the restaurant that day I haven't seen him since Dacre," she said in a small voice.

She couldn't even look at me. Her gaze was fixated on the ground.

"Bullshit! You expect me to believe you?!" My voice booming through my office. As the words left my lips I watched her demeanor change.

"Unlike you I'm not a liar!" She screamed back looking me dead in the face.

She was trembling, her lip quivering as her eyes filled with tears. I felt my grip loosen on my desk. The anger that filled me suddenly flooded out. I couldn't quite grasp what this feeling was. My stomach wrenched and my chest felt heavy as she looked into my eyes with tears streaming her cheeks.

I went to take a step towards her and she backed away. I immediately furrowed my brows together.

"Lili," I said using a soft tone.

"Don't touch me," she sniffled as she wiped the tears from her cheeks.

I stepped towards her again and she backed up. Now she was making the palm of my hand itch.

Stop backing away.

I kept inching closer to her until she was against the door. Her breath hitched and sge turned her head so she didn't have to look at me. I was inches away from her porcelain skin. She smelled so sweet. I put my hand on the door above her head and leaned down.

"What did I lie to you about?" I whispered in her ear.

"You pretended to care Dacre, but you never actually gave a fuck about me." She nearly choked on the words trying to get them out.

"Who said I didn't care? Hmm?" I asked softly brushing her hair behind her ear. "Look at me Liliana," my voice a bit firmer as I softly gripped her chin turning her face towards mine.

"The way you act says it all," her voice was weak and I could tell she was tired of arguing.

Her hazel eyes glistening with sadness as they looked at me. For the first time I wanted to hold someone. I caused her pain and I didn't like it.

Guilt.

I was feeling guilty. As perplexed as I was I stepped back just a bit to watch her relax.