74. After Five Years

Start from the beginning

Natasha stepped inside and saw Morgan sitting with Tony on the couch , trying to calm her down," Listen Morgan, we just want...",

She yelled twisting her face," No, I won't !.  Why can't you let me go?!"

Natasha walked towards her and stood behind the couch she was sitting ," So...This is your way to welcome us huh ?, yelling at us ?"

Her eyes lit up hearing Natasha, she jumped to her arms, and apologised with a cute pout," Sorry aunty Nat. I was yelling at Mr Stark. Not at you. "

Pepper and Steve held back their laugh while Tony shook his head. Natasha raised her eyebrow at him then caressed her face gently," Why don't we sit and try to make a truce?" , Morgan nodded in agreement.

She took a seat on the sofa as Morgan sat on her lap," Now tell me. What did he do to make you angry ?"

She frowned and looked at her parents then at Natasha ," They don't let me go to the children's park. I want to go and play there. "

Tony presented his report ," And I suggested let's play in our backyard. "

A beautiful memory passed through her eyes, when she remembered James was once adamant to visit some children's park when he saw a picture. He wanted meet new people and make friends. But due to their life and horrible circumstances, they never let him go out. Instead, she used to invite the Barton kids over and try to distract him a little.

A silent tear dropped from her eyes which Morgan noticed instantly ," Aunty Nat?, are you crying ?, You too want to go children's park?"

Pepper and Tony looked at each other as Steve rushed at them and sat beside Natasha. He forced a smile ," No sweety, Aunty Nat is a big girl now, so she's not interested to go there. "

Morgan frowned ," But park is fun."

Natasha blinked her tears away and chuckled at her," Yes, Meg, it's fun. But your mom and dad are right. It's not safe to go outside for you. "

She looked at Steve , who nodded in response. " But why ?"

Natasha lifted her chin up and caressed her face ," Because, there are a lot of bad guys who wants to bite you. So your mommy doesn't want to see you get hurt. That's why. "

She looked at her mother then made a unpleasant face," No, if you were my mom, You would have let me."

She shook her head with a smile," No honey, I would have done the same as your mom did. " She looked at Steve for a moment then decided to bring up the pain she choose to bury in her heart. " You know, you would have been having a friend of your age. I also never let him go out side."

Morgan looked up at her curiously," Who's that ? And...and where is he?"

Natasha smiled pressing her lips ," His name was...James. James Rogers. And...he's not here. " Tony's eyes almost popped out of the socket. He couldn't wrap his mind. James Rogers.  It means they had a child. They lost their son five years ago in the blip. While Pepper's eyes softened when she figured everything out. Steve was really surprised because she always felt heartbroken while talking about James.

Seeing the emotional look on her face, Morgan changed the topic," What was he like ?, and how was he ?"

Natasha smiled shighing her tears away," He had red hairs. Like mine. You like it ?", she asked playfully holding her  braid in front. Morgan nodded excitedly. " And he had deep blue eyes, just like your uncle Steve's." And smiled at him who returned the same.

After half an hour of talking , Pepper took Natasha and Morgan at the dining table to set everything for dinner, leaving Tony and Steve alone. Steve walked at the corridor and looked at the quiet single street. Occasionally some vehicles were moving.

Tony stood beside him placing his hand on the railings. " Is it too late to  say sorry ?", Steve looked at him. " Since last four years, I've always wondered how could I say this. " Steve just looked ahead again without saying anything. " When I became a father, Now I can understand you better. Yes it was my intention to vent my anger out on you, but it was never my intention to hurt you so badly. You had lost your son, you were grieving for him, and I said you couldn't understand the pain as you never lost anyone. Not only your son , but also Bucky, Sam and Wanda. Along with Clint's family. I know how close you were with all of them. "

Steve looked at him as he moved closer to him," I'm sorry , I'm really sorry Steve. "

He looked at him and shook his head," I'm sorry too. It wasn't my intention to hide the truth about your parents. Simply I didn't think it's important because I never thought I would ever meet Bucky again. When I did, the situation had already become worse. I couldn't tell you that even I know I should have. Haword was my great friend , Tony. He meant to me so much , maybe even more than you. But Bucky was my best friend. My brother. I couldn't let you kill him. "

Tony nodded," I understand. He had no control on himself. Hydra used him. By manipulating and brainwashing. I made my research and found those old files. I should have...",

Steve stopped him," No, Tony. It was normal. You're a son who watched a person stood beside you had killed your parents. Just the situation was difficult. The choice was difficult. "

Tony nodded with a smile and patted his back," So we're good ?"

Steve nodded," Yes we are." , just then Pepper called them inside to have dinner.

       ____________________________
Get ready for time heist 🤗