"i'm sorry. i just don't understand how this happened to me twice. i pour my heart out to them just for them to betray me?" elsie questioned herself.

"we don't know everyone's true motives until it's too late, ellie. you couldn't have known and neither could we. all you could do is focus on your movie and not let this disrupt your filming. you're much better than that."

"i love you flo." elsie smiled as she wiped away the remainder of her tears.

"and i love you ellie." florence smiled.

"i'll call you after we finish shooting."

"okay, be careful."

the call soon ended and elsie placed her phone on the dresser as she tried to collect herself.

she took deep breaths in as she shut her eyes, trying to clear her mind before going back to memorizing her lines.

a soft knock echoed from her door causing her to open her eyes as she glanced over at the door.

"hey elsie, it's jacob. may i come in?" he asked from the other side of the door.

"yeah, go ahead." she called out after she made sure she looked decent.

"thanks for letting me in." he nodded as he shut the door behind him,

"to what do i owe the pleasure mr elordi?" she asked with a small smile.

"i assume your friends already told you?" he asked as he sat down on her couch.

"yeah, they did. how did you know?" she asked with confusion.

"zendaya asked me if i could check up on you since they weren't here to do it themselves."

"i'm sorry about that. you honestly don't have to, i'm fine." she lied.

"we both know that's not true." he told her pointedly.

"but i understand what you must be feeling. you might not know this but kaia and i were together up until november of last year." he informed elsie causing her to look over at him with shock.

"are you serious?" she asked in disbelief.

"completely. we broke up around the time she was first spotted with austin."

"the first week of november?" she asked softly.

"around there, yeah." he nodded.

"i'm so sorry, jacob, are you alright?" she asked sincerely.

"now i am but let's not worry about me. i can't imagine the amount of emotions you're feeling right now."

"it kind of all came crashing down at once and it was honestly overwhelming. i had this gut feeling about them for awhile and i just thought that i'd be wrong for once." she shrugged.

"we all hope that our gut feeling isn't right but most of the time it is and it's quite disappointing."

"tell me about it." elsie remarked with a scoff.

"if you ever need anything, i'm always here to talk." he told her with a soft smile.

"that's really kind of you, jacob. i'm always here if you want to talk as well. i've been told i'm a great listener." she joked with a smile.

"i might take you you up on that offer actually." he laughed as he stood up.

"would you like to go grab some lunch later? i honestly don't know london all that well and i've heard you were born here, so you might know some great lunch cafes." he suggested.