Changes

I left shell shock

I left shell shock. Sure It had been pleasant but I had years of trauma. I didn't know until now. I didn't realise it. My mind was a mess of what she said and memories from my childhood. It was all a fog. I held my bag tightly. "Frank hey hey stop" Adam said I could hear the panic. "Hey are you ok" I shake my head finally crying. I kept it all in this whole time. I fall into him holding on tightly.

"Want to talk about it" he had dragged me over to the couch at some point. "I didn't know why you were worried but hearing her speak say that she couldn't give me all the love I deserved she just" I felt him squeeze my arm "its ok" "she didn't do anything it was more all the memories clouding my mind and she she said" I take a breath "she went under that's why she left I was a toddler so of course she couldn't tell me then when she came back dad was already back apparently she saw dad chasing me and didn't want to ruin the happiness from her nightmares and adjustment issues" "but she let your dad who was somewhat guaranteed ptsd from the war to look after you" "don't think she thought of that" "even if he didn't have ptsd he would still have to adjust from one war zone to another" "dad always told mouse that he traded one war one for another and this one is scarier" "think it might be scarier because your here" I sigh against him. "Frank you have been through more than anyone can probably fathom you could probably compare to your dad on most of it and that is terrifying to him and now me that I realised this" I weakly smile "I think I might move in with you" "didn't you quite literally just unpack" "no well some of it but not all" I shrug "Belle will help" "you were so excited to live there Frank" he said making me look at him "to experience all the random things kids your age are into" "yeah I don't want to experience all that anymore" he looks at me confused "Addy I have gotten more memories than I can count of parties and all that craziness and you want to know what my favourite memories is being with you, my dad, the team I think I know my place where I'm at my happiest" he nods "you know your always welcome" he said making me nod.

I was sitting on the floor in my new room at adams. I kinda just let my stuff be everywhere. I knew Adam wouldn't care. I sort of half unpacked before I gave up. I'm unpacked enough that if I don't want to for a few days I can survive. Yes I did bring the pots and pans I was teasing my dad about stealing. I was scrolling through my phone just in my own world when it started ringing. That god for called ID because I hated talking on the phone. "Hello" "Frank don't tell anyone but I need you to look something up for me" I smile gleefully as happiness fills with body. I got my laptop "what is it" "ok I just emailed you can you do your thing" "ok want me to just email what I find" "call me as well I don't always notice when I get an email" I nod "ok" I said realising he can't see me. Typing away smiling. This really was my happy place. Maybe I don't have to go to university and just the academy instead. I haven't even filled the stuff out but given the last name and also Voight I'm sure they will accept me even if it's late. I had also been there a few times with Voight.

I had decided to visit the team. "Bai" Kevin cheers "it's been forever never leave us again" he added making me laugh "you right" dad questioned concerned "oh I'm perfect living with Adam Belle is there now" "nope get her out of my house" Adam called making me laugh "what happened" "nothing just wanted to live with him" I assure dad he lets it go for now but I knew he was going to question me later. I walk over to Adam "hey can I borrow your key" "why" "so I can make myself one" I said it like it was the most obvious thing. He nods passing it to me. "I emailed you" I whisper making him nod. I walk over into hanks office "oh sorry I'll can chat later" I said instantly seeing a random person opposite him. "No we are done" Hank said getting up. I stand by the door ignoring the two just watching the team mill around.

"Bye" I said smiling she smiled back a smile that was obviously fake. "She's kinda of a birch" I muse closing the door "sorry again first time ever I didn't look through the window" he just smiles "I am actually grateful" he assured me "what can I do for you Bailey" "well you see I need some advice you know I want to be a detective but I don't actually know anything about doing the application or anything I also know they were due a week ago so I don't know if I can even do this" "why don't you ask your dad" "he doesn't know also I'll get him to help with the application I just I'm a bit of a mess I kinda decided when I was helping Adam don't tell anyone" he leans back smiling "you want me to pull a few strings" "I don't want to ask that" "you didn't" I sigh "I don't want to start with you pulling strings I just" "how about we see what happens" I nod truth was I think I just told him because I wanted to tell someone who was my dad or Adam. I think he knew that to. Before Adam Hank was my confidant away from dad, granted I'm pretty sure he told dad. But he was my safe place away my dad. When dads ptsd got bad I would usually talk to him not wanting to add pressure in any kind. "Why aren't you telling him" "he has Ellie to worry about and his new wife is always around" he nods "Bailey you are your dads world sure it's getting bigger but that won't change it" "how do I ever forgive her for the pain any of them Hailey was horrible and I don't know for certain what my dad has on her and Ellie well she is just plain horrible and I'm not buying the innocent act" he smirked leaning back "dad and Mirabel were beginning a thing and than next thing I knew him and hailey are together again not to mention he doesn't look like a newly married person" "what's a newly married person look like" "happy" I sigh looking at my dad through the window.