Chapter 04

- - - - - Mum's Part - - - - -

November 12th, 2018

"She told you, didn't she?"

"Mum..."

"Mum!"

"W–what!?" I flinch as Game wakes me up from a trance.

"I said, did your sister tell you about the shirt?" he asks again, stressing his voice. Maybe he's getting pissed.

"What shirt?"

"Wha–? Her friend's shirt that she asked you to wear for the photo shoots, remember?"

"Oh... that shirt." I remember it now. Mint texted me this morning that she wanted me to help on promoting her friend's clothing line. She said her friend would give me a shirt for free, just needed a snapshot of me wearing it and post it on my Instagram in return. Welp, I can't help being famous. "Yeah, she told me already."

"What's wrong with you?" He narrows his eyes. "You've been so distracted since afternoon."

"Nothing."

Nothing is fine, I mean.

Nothing is fine anymore since I've figured out that I can't be happy with anyone other than that guy in the dream that I keep thinking of unstoppably.

"The shirt is already here, though."

My eyes follow his hand and see he's pointing to the staff room. I guess that my sissy's friend must have brought it here before I arrived.

Yeah, I arrived here for the second time.

As you all know, I stayed over here last night and left in the morning when Nook and Fang came in as promised.

I washed my body as soon as I got back to my room. I thought that cold water would help relieve my anxiety, but once again I was wrong. Once I got out of the bathroom, I saw the wrinkles of the bed sheet and the visions of those dreams came to visit my brain.

That kinda pushed me and made me haste back to Halo.

And now I'm sitting here...

At the bar counter.

"You wanna do it now? I'll take a shot for you."

That is not too much to ask at all. I'm always willing to help her friend.

But... just not now.

I can't do anything when my brain is malfunctioning like this...

Except for...

"Uh, I gotta go. Sorry, bro." That's all I said to him before I haste back out of our bar.

He probably thought that I'm having loose stools or some sort hence my frantic farewell. I might've looked like I'm suffering electrolyte imbalance too, more or less, 'cause it feels like my body is burning hot. All in all, my only aim right now is to get back home as fast as possible.

And get to sleep as quickly as I can.

I flip my phone to check the time on the screen.

10:48 PM

Okay, I think I can make it.

Good that I have chronic fatigue at a certain level due to lack of rest for days, so it's easy for me to fall asleep so soon after I hit the sack.

And it's not too hard to foretell that I'd wake up and found that same young lad in my arms, so I have a big grin painted on my face instinctively and give him a big kiss on his forehead. He chuckles and gets up and I see his new look clearly.