"hey."

he turned to her. "hey, you couldn't sleep?"

she shook her head. "why can't you sleep?"

"anxiety is acting up," he mumbled. "what about you?"

"nightmares."

he frowned. "you okay?"

she let out a breath. "no, but it's not like i can do anything to make them go away. it's just getting exhausting not being able to sleep properly every night."

"you've been having them consistently? are you okay, rin?" he reached out to hold her hand in his. "do you know why?"

"i'm fine. nothing happened, i guess it's just a bit of anxiety too," she lied.

she wasn't going to tell him the cause of her sleepless nights in chenle's kitchen at four in the morning. she wasn't going to tell him at all.

they spoke until five and that was when both of them were yawning uncontrollably so they went to their assigned bedrooms for the night after wishing sweet dreams and, surprisingly, hyerin actually slept decently well that night.

early in the morning she was woken up by her phone ringing because for the first time in her life she'd taken it off of silent. not only did it wake her up but jeno too who only smashed his face back into the pillow and went back to sleep.

"myunghee i don't even know what time it is, why are you calling me so early?" she rubbed her eyes.

"could you come over to mine today? i got the urge to bleach my hair and i want to spend time with you and dongmin."

myunghee and her urges.

"what time?"

"after lunch, maybe? i don't know..."

she raked a hand through her hair. "i need to go with mr ha to get an outfit for the skating competition. i don't know what time i'll be out."

"wait! oh my god! can i go with you?!" she exclaimed.

"i don't see why not."

"perfect! then we can come back to mine and get it started. what time?"

"i don't know, i need to ask him then i'll text you."

they said their goodbyes and hyerin checked that the time was seven in the morning and knowing mr ha like she did he'd most likely already be getting ready. she was proven right when she checked her notification and saw a message from him from five minutes ago.

she texted back and waited for a reply but since she was taking long to answer she fell back asleep and when she woke up, jeno was gone. she took a look at her phone again and a couple more messages came from mr ha. it was also close to ten in the morning and that made her jump out of bed immediately and start to get ready after replying to his message.

he was going to be at her uncle's place in twenty mints and it was a twenty minute drive from chenle's place to her own so she raced downstairs with her backpack on her shoulders and all of the guys were there at the dining table having breakfast.

"good morning, rin!" jisung was the first to greet her then all heads turned to face her.

"nobody woke me up for breakfast?"

"you were sleeping peacefully and we didn't want to wake you up. besides, we just woke up as well so you haven't missed much," jeno explained.

this reminded her.

whenever they had sleepovers back in the day she'd usually be the last one to wake up but they'd never wake her up because they claimed she looked "peaceful and didn't want to ruin her sleep" (because she hated being woken up) and eventually when she did they'd sit with her until she finished breakfast. she didn't think much of it but it was sort of endearing.

"what do you want to drink?" renjun asked as he got up.

"i'm running late for something so i'm gonna skip breakfast. thanks for having me over chenle, i had a good time," she kissed his cheek. "i'll see you guys tomorrow." and just like that she was out the door and running down the street while on the phone with her uncle asking if he could pick her up.

<3
apologies for the late update, i've moved into uni