“But-”

“No matter the reason for you running, a teacher must not leave their students unattended and remain within the classroom until each desk is unoccupied, unless another teacher comes in to take over the class. Time for that final lesson L/n.” I balled up my hands by my sides and gave a firm nod.

He gave a small smile before angling his finger so it was pointing at me “Then put that on and come see Principal Nezu with me... We need you there to discuss our students results on the morals test.” I nodded and threw the lanyard over my head, it landing upon my shoulders.

I moved towards Aizawa and cheered “Lets go!”

I skipped down the corridors, remaining beside Aizawa. I got a bit ahead and turned, stopping in my place “Aizawa sensei. How did you know that I was referring to heroes and teachers alike, listening to those in front of them when mentioning the likes of Ishiyama sensei?” He sighed, he continued to walk towards me as he explained “L/n, no matter how hard you try to speak your mind, your subconscious would not allow you to be cruel to someone. Which judging his ability to teach would involve...” I nodded slowly and he added “You've feared upsetting people for so long that you've made it second nature to avoid using hurtful comments, your experience with the pain only backing it up.”

“What do you mean, my experience with the pain?” He raised an eyebrow slightly before lowering it again to say “Your sisters, do correct me if I'm wrong, but that wasn't the first time they've spoken to you like they did at the cemetery.”

“Oi scarface... Ugh! That wasn't a compliment, stop smiling!” I just kept up my smile as I looked at Ayaka “I'm sorry, I can't help it. It's something Kyoko gave me.”

Ayaka scoffed “Mum probably only told you that so then you could still believe she loved you, and then wouldn't have to deal with you crying.” I just grinned and brought my fingers to the scar on my cheek “Then, it's something from mum!” She growled and stood up from her seat. Coming over to me, her height allowing her to look down at me “What will it take for you to understand that nobody wants you because you're unlovable, you stupid runt!”

~

Why must you tell the couple's we have to go with her? We'll never be adopted because no one wants her! You ruin everything, you scratched up runt!” The orphanage carer, Hanako, spoke “That is enough Ayaka, apologize to Y/n!” Ayaka crossed her arms and glared at me “I am not apologizing to a murderer!”

I furrowed my eyebrows together in confusion as I fiddled with my fingers “But I haven't murdered anyone Oneesan...” She growled and made her nails longer, coming towards me slowly “Don't call me that! And don't act innocent! You're the reason mum, Kyoko, and Nori are dead! You're the reason dad is in prison, he was a hero before you ruined everything! Now you're ruining mine and Kiras chance of getting out of this dump, because no one wants you!”

Hanako yelled “Ayaka, that is enough! Put your claws away and go to your room!” Ayaka quickly turned around and stormed off. Kira glanced at me before looking at Hanako who nodded, her then slowly following after Ayaka.

Hanako turned to me “None of this is your fault Y/nn... All those couples are just blind and undeserving of such a wonderful little girl as yourself.” I lifted my head to smile up at her "Thank you Hanako... I want to stay with my family where possible but I don't want to hold them back. They deserve good lives, with a good family... I don't think I'll even be able to accept a new family, but if they think they are ready then let the couple's just take the two of them. I'm okay with staying here if it means they can be happy.” She looked shocked but gave a sad smile “If that is what you want.

~

Hanako had asked me to wait outside the room in which adopting couples spoke to her in “So, you've met Ayaka and Kira... what are your thoughts?” I heard a female speak “They're both such wonderful girls. They are both absolutely beautiful, and a joy to talk to! I definitely think they're the children for us!”

I then heard a male voice “However, we have one concern, Kira seemed very quiet... Is there something we should be aware of?” The room fell silent before Hanako let out a breath “They have a sister, many couples refuse to adopt the three together so, the girl you haven't met, asked that only the two you've met have to go together... If you'd like I can introduce you to Y/n, I can assure you she is a very kind and caring girl. Although she is a little more reluctant on the idea of having a new family due the situation I have already informed you of.”

The male voice sounded again “She sounds like a wonderful girl, offering to stay so her sisters can have a new home, bless. I'd love to meet her, what do you say love?” The female from before spoke “Could we see a photo first?” After a while of silence Hanako spoke “Of course.”

I heard paper move around before the woman shrieked “Ah! What is this? She isn't even comparable to Ayaka and Kira, and that ugly scar! There's no way I'd be able to handle that, no, keep her away. I don't even want to meet her.” I heard movement before Hanako spoke “Let me just inform Y/n that she can return to her room, and I'll bring Ayaka and Kira down to finalize the adoption.

Inform her?” The door opened to reveal Hanako who was nodding.

She looked to me and gave a sad smile, I forced a smile “I'll take my ugliness to my room...” She frowned at my comment “Oh Y/n, she didn't mean it. Come on, I'll bring you to your room!”

The male then spoke “Maybe we could cover the scar darling, we couldn't separate sisters. Could we? Especially after all they've been through.” I spoke up as I looked around Hanako to the man “It's fine sir... I requested that if only Ayaka and Kira are wanted for adoption then that wish can be forfilled for they deserve a happy home and family... just promise me you'll love and look after my sisters... they are basically the only family I have left because we aren't allowed to visit our father.”

He looked to his partner and she sighed “Fine, we can have the scar covered up, perhaps even removed, okay?” She gave me a nasty smile and I took a step back, quickly covering my scar. I shook my head “No, it's okay ma'am please just take Ayaka and Kira. I'm thankful for your offer but I'm okay here, with the scar my sister in heaven gave me.

Me and Hanako stood outside little blossoms orphanage, waiting for Ayaka and Kira to be ready to leave. Ayaka came out and stood in front of me “This isn't thanks to you, just so you know! Eventually this dump would have made it so we didn't all have to go together, to make space. Not that you ever will, until you're 18 and no where in life.” I just smiled to her before saying “Well, even if life does not wish me well, I hope it does you!” She scoffed as she took hold of her suitcase handle again “I hope you forfil your dream of becoming a hero. Just so you can die to the first villain you face, revealing just how pathetic you are to the world!

[ Edited : 03/10/2022 ]

[ Re-Edited : 07/05/2023 ]