Chapter 9

(Clothes are worn for the tour

(Clothes are worn for the tour. You can choose who wears what.)

Marinette Prov

Marinette Prov.
To say that Chloe and I would have a repeat of yesterday, would be an understatement. If it wasn't for Alix pounding on our door at five in the morning, which is three hours earlier than we were supposed to leave, we would have been left behind on our breakfast tour at Wayne Enterprises. But then again, we would have missed the absolute bewilderment and shocked look on Lie-la's face when we stood in front of Mme Bustier as the sheep came into the lobby. 

Her gaping fish face was absolutely priceless. I'm still wondering how Lie-la convinced the bus driver to come that early when the schedule specifically stated times for transportation. Now we, Chloe and I obviously, were listening to another screaming contest between the tired receptionist at W.E. and Mme Bustier while the class of sheep were listening to Lie-la's extravagant stories *cough* lies *cough*. 

"What mean you we no get breakfast? It is unprofessional! We were promised food in competition!" Mme Bustier screamed in her terrible English for the tenth time at the receptionist. "As I have repeatedly stated ma'am, complimentary breakfast will only be served in an hour. It was stipulated in the tour schedule as such. Mr. Wayne made no adjustments to the time of the schedule." The exhaustion in the receptionist's voice was evident but her eyes had a steely cold as she repeated her answer once again.

"It's a pity no one has the ability to read and use their brains in this class, right Bug? It's like schedules were invented yesterday." Chloe said sarcastically next to me, which caused me to giggle. Unfortunately, Lie-la was close enough to hear her. "How could you say such mean things Marinette! I only wanted us to be early so that Mr Wayne wouldn't have to wait for us. I...I didn't..." Lie-la wailed in French behind us. Chloe turned slightly sending an eye roll to her before turning her back on the class again. 

The next thing I knew I was whirled around and on the floor with a stinging cheek. Confused I looked up to see a fuming Alya raising her hand again. 'She hit me. This is getting old now.' I tiredly thought as I prepared for her second hit. "Try that again Cesair. I dare you." Chloe said with an icey French voice in front of me, pepper spray already in her hand. Alya took one step back sending me one last glare before she went to comfort the still crying liar. Once Alya was with the class again, Chloe reached down to help me up.